Tuesday 25 January 2011

The Wish Tree Fairy



I made this card using o ne of my new Lavina stamps, and had great fun just playing with it on Sunday. The background here has been distressed with TH inks in cloudy skies, broken china, Victorian velvet, wild honey and forest green, and where some of the colours looked too bright, I wiped part of the colour away with a wet wipe and then toned it down with ancient linen. The fairy tree has been stamped in the middle with archival ink and first clear embossed, and then embossed again with copper, pink and green perfect pearls to give it more shine and depth, it does not show up so well on the photo. The vine on the left hand side has been hand doodled, and *wish* is a sizzix die cut, Then I placed a piece of acetate over it, which has been stamped and stickled along the bottom. The pearls on the vine and in the tree have also been stuck to the acetate, and the little fairy die cut has been inked, glittered with some gold ice stickles, and then sat on the step.
Was great fun to make something different, and the Lavinia stamps are just gorgeous.

I am entering this for *Simon says stamp and show childhood memories*, because I was firmly convinced that a fairy lived in the tree in our garden, and I would see here if only I could stay awake long enough....

14 comments:

  1. Love this one, it really is a childhood dream! Hugs, Sarah & Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just gorgeous, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card Val I love how you toned down the colour great tip there

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow what a gorgeous fairy piece its simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible! I really love this, Valeries, it's so magical and creative. If I was juding that challenge I'd refuse to see any more entries and declare this the winner, nothing could impress me more. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, it really is a fairy dream! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you have used the tree Valerie. Hope you have put this on the Lavinia Stamps photo page as know they would love to see it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW it's lovely val, love the stamp, lovely colours, well done...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooooo beautiful Val. The sort of card I would love to make for my Mum's 90th, I'm off to look at Lavinia's Stamps. It wont be as good as this though I bet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot, Ladies! Jeanie, I am sure the card for your mum will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is truly outstanding. I love the way the embossed tree just sort of pops out. Wonderful colors and that fairy image is just lovely! We hope you enjoyed taking a trip down memory lane with Simon Says Stamp and Show this week. We thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seldom leave a response, however i did some searching and wound up here
    "The Wish Tree Fairy". And I do have some questions for you
    if it's allright. Is it simply me or does it look like a few of these responses look like written by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting on additional online sites, I would like to keep up with anything fresh you have to post. Could you make a list of every one of all your community sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

    my web blog - paläo diät

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.