Thursday 13 January 2011

GC83 Polar animals Challenge




For the polar animals challenge I used a photo of Knut, a bear that was abandoned by its mother and brought up in the Berlin Zoo by zookeepers. He was a real cutie, and drew a lot of fans who queued for hours to see him. I have cut the top part of the photo away, inked the edges, and mounted it onto a tag which has been distressed with TH *faded jeans* and white embossing powder. I cut the pic of Knut a tad wider than the tag and just stuck down the edges, so that Knut seems to stand in front of the tag.
I stamped a circle with resist ink to make the moon. To finish it I inked the edges, and added a few stars and a snowman charm.
It was, as always, fun to make. Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

  1. oh val, he's so cute, I love the colours you've used, well done, lovely...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Maria, he was such a cute little bear! I went all the way to Berlin to look at him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww he is a real cutie, no wonder so many people wanted to see him. Your tag looks fantastic, love how you've done the moon, and I like how you've wrapped the photo round the tag to make him stand out from the background. Lovely work! coB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh that is an absolute beauty. I love this tag fabulously crafted and so cute too
    hugs June xxx
    ps, i loved your comment about my dollar man hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw so pretty Valerie! I love the textured snow effect, thats rather clever!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot, Ladies! Sue, what do you mean by *rather clever*??!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely inky effect: wonderful submission for the Gingersnap Creations polar animals challenge. Helene

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, the kids love it, too, and the fairy! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving this one, too! They are all sooooo pretty! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable tag! I love that you thought outside the box to grab the cutie from a photo! You inked him up so well he actually looks like a fabulous stamp too! Love the dimensional snow and trees too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that wonderful little polar bear ... thanks for joining our Polar Animal Party at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is adorable, and oh-so-gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous tag and I have to say (as so many have) that moon is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.