Friday 7 January 2011

GC84- snow pine and mahogany




Just a short post today as I still need to tidy up a bit before my weekend visitor comes. I made this little present box in CD-size to house a mini album I'm making for a friend. The rose has been stamped with TH aged mahogany and a no name dark green, because my TH pine is still pining away under one of the many - as yet unsorted - piles of Xmas bits and bobs that are still lurking around. Then it was clear embossed before water colouring it with some ink and adding a bit of glitter. It has been cut out, decoupaged and matted onto paper scraps in white, wine red and dark green, and I have fixed a green ribbon under the paper so that the ends can be tied at the back. Added three dark red roses - thanks Netty! and that was it. It was, as always, fun to make it, but now I have to start my final clear up....Have a nice weekend, and take care! Thanks for looking in!

13 comments:

  1. Simply stunning Val.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful box Valerie, thank you for playing at Gingersnap Creations Colour Challenge. Glad the roses came in handy. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val, lovely gift box & have a nice weekend, Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that flower is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty, have a good weekend val...

    maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty box Valerie, I love it! Your friend will be delighted I am sure!

    Hugs - Carole x

    p.s. Have finally accepted my blog award - head on over to my blog to see my 8 facts ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ladies! Carole, I'm on my waaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely box, Valeries, bet it was fun to make. The clearing up is never the nicest part of crafting, but hope you had a nice weekend after it. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Cob, I did! Hope you are well on the mend now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning rose and great gift box. Thanks for taking the Gingersnap Creations challenge. Helene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.