Tuesday 18 January 2011

Mona Lisa with Hearts and Roses - GCSP6, Take 2



Yesterday I made a card following Shar's inspiration of using labels. My friend B gave me a pile of A4 label sheets, so I will be able to have more fun trying this out in the next weeks, as it is a fun technique with lots of possibilities. I printed the whole sheet with a freebie background from June at *Dezinaworld*, and stamped my image over one part of it , so I can still work with the rest of the sheet. I used my Mona Lisa stamp from LaBlanche, and stamped with archival ink which was then clear embossed. Then I mounted the labels onto a scrap of white card, which I matted with wine red before mounting it onto a card, which I stamped with script in *aged mahogany*. Added some hearts and roses and gave her a touch of lipstick and eye shadow, and it was finished.
And another nice surprise from *Gingersnaps* today, as I was chosen as a Ginger Gem again for my *Polar animals* tag. Many thanks to the team for their never ending source of inspiration and ideas!
It was fun trying something new - as always - and I will definately try this again.
Thanks for looking and have a good day!

19 comments:

  1. Hi Val, another lovely card, and congrats on being a Ginger Gem again! Hugs, Sarah & Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being a Ginger Gem Val!
    Love your card and what a great technique - TFS.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh wow thats such a fabulous card. beautiful work on this mona lisa
    have a fabulous bright and lovely day
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card! Love your use of labels! Thank you for playing the Gingersnap Creations Ginspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Val - this si so so cool. Think I need some of these labels!

    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Valerie, I would NEVER have thought to use a sheet of labels in crafting, you really can make use of everything, can't you? Plus, it looks gorgeous. Well done on the Ginger Gem award too. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the look here and thanks so much for sharing your technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot for all the nice comments, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful! I love the deep color tones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cool, love it! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! What a great idea to run the labels through the printer first for the background - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous card, love the colour scheme. Congrats for being a Ginger Gem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Valerie and congratulations on being a Gingergem. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being a Ginger Gem! Wonderful technique on this card! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea, running the labels through the printer. Why don't I think of things like that. Love the card. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.