Thursday 20 January 2011

Creative Connections #4: Party Hats

















“I am participating in a GC Creative Connection. I heard about this month’s GCCC - Party Hats - from Sharon Briss of http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com
Why not play along? Post a creation to your blog mentioning my post and the Creative Connection post on Gingersnap Creations. Let’s all craft it forward and see how far we can get this connection to go!”

For my card I used Shar's label technique again. I printed an A4 label sheet with an invoice from 1916, and used part of it to stamp my lion and window from LaBlanche. I used archival ink and clear embossing powder. Then I distressed the background with some TH inks before sticking on the labels. I gave the lables a *frame* made of sticky ribbon to give it all a window look. The party hat wearers are from a sheet of Men's images from June at *Dezinaworld*
I cut my three *men * out, gave them party hats and balloons, die-cut with Sizzix, and that was it. Was fun to make, as always.
Tomorrow I have to do things like housework and washing, not so much fun!
But had a wonderful time yesterday and today celebrating with my friends, so hope that will have given me enough strength to get at least the important things done!
Have a nice day, and thanks for visiting!

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation, Valerie! It's much more fun to craft than do housework :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one! Reminds of some of your strange albums and pictures! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific fun Valerie. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, now this is just fabulous! I really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun and so creative too, Valerie, I love how you combine things I would never think to put together, and they always look great. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a hoot! Luv your style GF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Valerie-Jael i think this is my favorite party hat creation. so creative and fanciful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the nice comments, Ladies, I love making things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Val,another lovely creation, love the combination of strange things and people! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesome card, I love the image, how clever you were to put this all together. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so unique, makes me smile. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Lades, glad it made you smile - mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for participating in the Gingersnap Creations Creative Connection. Very creative window with the labels and sticky tape! And the images are wonderful. Helene

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you say! WAY COOL!!! I can, it really is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Ladies, your comments are very much appreciated, and this was so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way you created the window with figures on both sides of the glass! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fantastic! I love those crotchety-looking old guys in their party hats, and you are a master of the label technique! What a great background. Gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.