Wednesday 19 January 2011

Flooded roads, hailstones and a quick 51st Anniversary card







Yesterday I had an appointment at the doctor's. I drove there, found a parking lot straightaway, parked, got out of the car and was standing in a puddle up to my ankles, together with two rather indignant pigeons who had evidently thought it was their bird-bath. Reached the doc with no further mishaps. Didn't even have to wait long. Had my tests and got prescriptions for my medis - strange how they seem to grow with each new birthday! As I left, it was pouring. My umbrella was high and dry - in the car. So had to run for it as well as I could. The huge puddle had not disappeared in the meantime, and it was impossible to access the car without treading into it, so once again, got wet feet. On the motorway it started to throw down hailstones, which pinged so hard on the roof of the car that I thought they would pass through it, really scary. Then I went to the chemist's to get my medis. Difficult to find a parking space, because those giant puddles were everywhere, and the park looked like a river. Anyway, never give up, found a dry place, threw some money in the ticket machine and ran to the chemist's. Got everything I needed, and managed to get back home without further problems. where I treated myself to dry trousers, a cappuccino and 2 current buns - delicious!
Then I realised I needed to make a card for some friends, who are celebrating their 51st wedding anniversary today - congrats I & T!! I also baked a chocolate cake to take with me when I go there, so was a busy evening.
The easel card has been made from wine-red embossed card stock, and the front panel has been cut from the *Taj Mahal* stack (DCWV). Added TH die cut hearts and wings, and 2 roses, and of course a golden 51. Inside I put one of my favourite verses, which translated into English says *We are angels with just one wing, and can only fly when we embrace each other. Angel with just one wing -come, fly with me, embrace me.*
Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!!

23 comments:

  1. Such a beauty of a card, Valerie, I love it, the gold and red have a really rich look, a special card.

    Bad luck with the puddles yesterday, hope your feet dried out OK, you certainly earned those current buns after such a dreadful journey out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val

    I love this card, the colours are really quite beautiful - as if I expect anything less from your good self!

    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Val, and a lovely verse! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Valerie! I don't know why, but I read your message as if you were making the cake to eat on the journey not to give to your friends - I must be a pig!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh thats really beautiful my friend.
    have a lovely day
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a day! This card is quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ladies! Lucy, I swear I would never eat the cake on the journey. I am at my friend's now, and the cake is still whole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Val! I love the rich colours and that poem is beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! I love those flowers in the heart, thanks for sharing. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card and poem, well done! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card! I laughed and laughed as I read your post - sorry but just so typical. Thanks for coming by my way - I am glad I followed you back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, and what a nice person you are taking chocolate cake! Sorry you had such a wet day but currant buns are just the thing to help in such a situation, lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the kind comments, girls! Sandi, welcome, nice to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So loving your backing paper and such a beautiful verse Valerie. Get some Wellington Boots........thats my tip for the day......lol
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely card val, the colours are fab, so rich...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for the kind comments, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous card Valerie-Jael. congratulations to the couple! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. They will be absolutely delighted. TFS. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A bit late but the comments are the same, love the colours on this card and poor you, your journey must have been tiresome. Bet they love the card and the cake, xxjeanie g

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks a lot ladies! They loved the card, their presents, and the cake got eaten to the last crumb!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything about this card is beautiful! I love it! Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.