Friday 14 January 2011

Masking Challenge for *Simon Says*





This is my entry for the *Simon Says* masking challenge. The background has been masked with *garden ironworks* from *My Tattered Angels*, and sprayed over with *Juneberry wine* from the same company. I then cut the tag to match the contours of the pattern. Then I decided to keep it monochromatic, so cut the tree and birds in a matching colour using coredinations paper, which has been lightly sanded. The fence is also a TH die. The tree has been dotted with a few spots of liquid pearls in silver. As a finishing touch I added two stars in white with some lilac liquid pearls dotted in the middle.

It was, as always, fun to make. Thanks for looking & have a nice day!

21 comments:

  1. Another lovely tag, and what a pretty colour!! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Hugs, T
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful Val!!!Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous tag, Valerie, I saw that challenge but knew I wouldnt be able to make anything for it. The way you photograph your tags makes them look like little wall sconces to me, I always imagine them hanging on your walls, they look so lovely. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! That masking is wonderful! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly fantastic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. another lovely tag val,. love the colours and the way the background is done, (never used stencils or masks before, have got it on my 'to try' list though)...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is magnificent, Val!

    ps Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this tag and your sidebar slide show too! Your stencil came ot perfect and I love all the details ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome tag! Love the monochromatic color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous tag! I love all the sweet embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tag--the color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful masking and fab tag

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful! I love the depth and dimension. The masking effect is just wonderful, and the colors are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks great! wishing you the best! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show with your fabulous creation. I love it. YOur masking is beautifull...Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome card. hope you are feeling very well. take good care. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tag. Love the eyes on those little birds. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.