Friday 21 January 2011

SP6 - Single Layer Card



Help, I think I have forgotten how to make a basic card! For this one I used one of my all time fave stamps, my lovely owl from LaBlanche. The moon in the background has been stamped with resist ink, and then I distressed the card with TH Inks in marigold, brushed corduroy, ancient linen and Adirondack espresso. Tried to create a murky, misty night. The owl has been stamped in Archival black and clear embossed before brushing with perfect pearls in interference blue and gold and embossing again, to bring out colours in the feathers. The eyes have been dotted with stickles in cinnamon. Hand-doodled a leafy branch in black and gold. It was, as usual, fun to make, and has effectively kept me from doing the housework up till now - but now I can't avoid it any longer....help!
Thanks for looking and have a good day!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that is beautiful! I love how all the embossing came out too, very effective. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your embossing! Thanks for joining in on the Ginspiration again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this owl! You made me one like this, too! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Valerie, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thats a stunning owl card. really beautiful my friend
    have a lovely weekend
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Love how you've done the owl with the 2 perfect pearls, gives it great colour and shimmer. So shiny and lovely, well done. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely card, Val, and always something different to the day before - well done! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific one layer card Valerie. Have a great weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the kind comments, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning card, lovely effects! Welldone Valerie!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Sue, nice to see you here again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.