Monday 10 January 2011

GC85: Chestnut Theme Challenge - Hot Beverages






For me there can be NO discussion about which hot beverage I like the best - it was, is, and will be - COFFEE!! I love the smell and the colour of it, love watching it coming out of my coffee maker, and have a large collection of different coffee cups and mugs. The first thing I do everyday after rolling out of bed is to stagger to my machine, switch it on, pop in a capsule and watch the aromatic brown fluid run into the foamy milk....
For this challenge I decided to make a LO. The background paper is from K & Co *Neapolitan chocolate daisies flat*. The die-cuts are from Sizzix, and the wings from Melissa Frances.
I took a photo of an antique cup and saucer which I inherited from my Great- Aunt, natually filled with cappuccino. And I do want to emphasise that the dollop of extra cream on top was only for the photo. Well, I did drink it afterwards, I couldn't waste it, could i??
I printed the photo 3 times, and cut out 2 of the pics and decoupaged them. The coffee in the top cup hs been glazed with glossy accents and dotted with some stickles in cinnamon. The background is a ceramic card, distressed with TH Victorian velvet and Adirondack *espresso*, and sprayed with *leather* from *My Tattered Angels*. The card has been edged with die-cut lace which has been distressed to match. The text stamp is part of a *Justrite* coffe stamp set, and has been edged with a border made with a cuttlebug die and embossing folder. The leaves and bling are from Prima.
This was another fun challenge, for which I drank lots of coffee for inspiration.
Thanks for looking, and have a good day!

Update!
Last night I had the *brilliant idea* to make this into a canvas. Took a 15x15 one, distressed it with inks and sprays to match, and mounted the LO in the middle. Now I have a new picture for my kitchen wall, and it is hanging near the coffee maker!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love the wings on that cup! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing LO Valerie, really envy you that beautiful cup and saucer. Thank you for playing the Gingersnaps Hot Beverages Challenge. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been surprised if you had chosen anything other than coffee! Lovely work again, Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Val! I feel the same way about coffee but drink mine black and as strong as possible.
    That cup and saucer are sooooo pretty.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, especially the idea of using it as picture in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh my goodness that so pretty. I am a 'tea' lady lol but i do enjoy the odd cup of coffee although these days everything i drink needs to be caffeine free :( I love this though its so beautiful, gorgeous and inspiring art work. I just had to add to follow you.
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much June, and enjoy your tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knowing you, it would have to be coffee! What a fab idea to make the LO into a canvas for your kitchen, and I am very jealous of that beautiful cup and saucer, any drink would taste so much nicer from that cup. Love that quote too, CoB

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea! I'd like my coffee cup to arrive on wings every morning! Thanks for taking the Gingersnap Creations challenge! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Ladies. Helene, a winged coffee cup, now - that would be something!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful LO and I love how you mounted it on a canvas. Now you can smile everytime you get your morning cup of coffee! Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.