Tuesday 11 January 2011

Ginger gems, a LIIU challenge & a lazy day.....



Today I had great problems leaving my bed, as I had a bad back on the one side - oooops, how can you have your back on one side???? And I don't mean my backside either....
OK, I'll start again. This morning my back was hurting. This made it difficult to roll out of my bed, but after my first coffee everything started to feel better....
And then -
And then - I saw I had been chosen again as a *Ginger gem* for my *white glitter*challenge entry - woohoo! Thanks to the team for the inspiration and encouragement, we have a great bunch of ladies there!


Yesterday evening I made a card for the LIIU Challenge #8, anything goes, and as the theme over on Gingersnaps was beverages, used that theme again. The background has been distressed with TH *Victorian velvet* & *Leather* glimmer mist from *Tattered Angels*, before randomly stamping it with a justrite stamp *Is there really life before Coffee?* and using Adirondack *espresso*. The tea cups have been stamped with a freebie from the *Craft Stamper* magazine, cut out, coloured and hand doodled, and then decoupaged. The vintage lady pic is from LaBlanche, the metal corners also. I placed a piece of brown card underneath it, which forms a little hiding place on the back into which I can pop an invitation to coffee.
It was, as always, fun to make - especially with this theme - and the rest of the day I have spent daydreaming, thinking about what I might do next and generally avoiding housework.
Thanks for dropping in, and have a good day!

20 comments:

  1. Lovely card and congratulations on being a ginger gem again! Hugs, Sarah & kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fabulous! Congratulations on your Ginger Gem status!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Val. When I first looked at it I thought it was 3 cards in a display but when I opened up in a larger view got the full pictur. Beautiful!! Hugs for your back and for being a Ginger Gem. xxjeanie g

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind comments Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congraulations on winner a Ginger gems award. Sorry to here your not well and hope you feel better soon Fab card design and love that free teacup stamp

    hugs alma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! And this is another gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Val! Stunning card.
    Sparkles for your poorly back.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx
    p.s. love the new spring look to your blog.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ladies! Sue, I am trying to hypnotise spring into coming....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Valerie on being a Gingergem again, your entry was beautiful.
    Am loving this card and that freebie stamp looks fab on it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Netty! I love that little cup and saucer stamp, it is so Versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so beautiful and congratulations. Also hope your back improves.
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another very beautiful card and so YOU!! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on being picked as a Ginger Gem, your card is gorgeous! The corners the teacups all of it is so inspiring! I hope you are feeling better now. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab news about your ward well done... hope you're feeling better soon val...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welldone on being a Ginger Gem once again Valerie, well deserved! I adore your beverage themed projects - what better subject can there be! Sparkles for your poorly back, I do hope you feel perky again soon!
    Hugs, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for all your kind words, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, a Ginger Gem yet again! Well done, Valerie. Love this project, I like how it's a holder for an invitation to coffee, and the doodling on the cups looks fab, I think you'll get lots of use out of that freebie. Hope the back is feeling better today. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your use of the teacup stamp, gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those coffee cups are adorable, another stunning creation and I love those corners. Hope your back is better. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.