Wednesday 5 January 2011

My Art Journal - Between the Months Page



Yesterday I didn't feel like starting anything new, so I just played with some of my new stamps and then scribbled around, which I enjoyed no end. Usually pages like this end up chopped into inchies, or made into backgrounds for tags etc., but this time I am keeping it as part of my journal. The stamps are all from LaBlanche, with exception of the lovely tea cup, which was the freebie in this month's *Craft Stamper*, and I just love freebies- who doesn't?
The background has been distressed with TH inks and sprayed with *Juneberry wine* again - also a freebie, which is why I am using it lavishly just now. After stamping with archival black, I clear embossed some parts to give more depth and shine, and brushed on some perfect pearls, which I heat-fixed. Then I did a bit of writing and coloured some parts with glaze pens in the course of the evening, that was fun, just scribbling around as I felt like it.
I had a lot of fun playing and watching this rather surreal page develop, and will be making more as the mood takes me. there are 80 pages in the book, so I have plenty of space!
Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!

I am entering this for the *Simon Says Stamp and Show* Challenge. I have to admit that they are all new stamps (someone keeps ordering things at night when I am asleep - or is it me?)

14 comments:

  1. Didn't you tell me yesterday that you were resting?! Lovely work, though! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab stamps there Val and love the effect of them all stamped together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot! Glad you like the stamps Alma, I am very happy with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these journal pages. Your blog has got better and better. Haven't been around that much but will be trying to keep up this year!! Love your work Val, hope you're keeping better. xx jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jeanie, lovely to hear from you again! Wish you a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great stamps here Valerie, can see you have been having fun. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOO, beautiful! Love your stamp work.
    Thank you for blog hopping with the 11 Zutter Zisters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like you've started the new year well with crafting val, lovely work...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely project, Valerie, the colours and images combine beautifully. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fab - love the colour combination ... sounds like you really enjoyed yourself too - Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... we hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.