Monday 17 January 2011

Ginspiration Challenge CCSP6




For this challenge I have made a black and white card, inspired by Stephanie's elegant cardigan. I needed a *good luck* card for a friend, and as cows are a big fave with me, I used them here. They have been die cut from Kaisercraft paper, and I have mixed and matched the heads to make them more interesting. They have been mounted on to a piece of white paper left over from die cutting a lace edge, and the background has been stamped with text in archival black. The cows have been fixed with foam pads to give them more depth. I added some black and white prima flowers, a border of the same scrap paper, I just altered the writing at 2 places to *Moo* instead of me. Then I mounted it all onto a black card, and that was it - udderly simple, and I hope the recipient will feel mooooooooooved by it. The eyes and flower centres have been dotted with a spot of liquid pearls in red, and then I added a matching tag with a sentiment. Was fun to make, I think I will try the other Ginspiration challenges, too!
Thanks for looking and have a nice day!

20 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Reminds me of all the cows in your kitchen - have you still got the clock? Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love black and white, it is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, don't 'milk' the cow puns!!! lol. This is fantastic, really decorative too. I bet your friend will love it, Valerie. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love those cows. And glad healthwise things are on the up for you. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cob, there may be people who still haven't herd all those puns. So off to drink a cowpuccino....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, love the cows so many choices for this weeks challenge hugs alma xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the B/W Card Val. Very Mooving!!! lolxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Val and so love the black and white. Good to see you home. Thank you for playing at Ginspiration. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Valerie, really lovely.

    Hugs - Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the whimsy in this one! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card val, well done...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous piece of art! You have done Black and White beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good pun, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Black and white, my favourite colours ... and the cows are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful take on the Gingersnap Creations challenge. Thanks for playing! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  17. This one is really and udderly mooving! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.