Wednesday 11 September 2019

Midweek post

Hi Everybody!

Hope your day is going well. We had a beautiful day here in Rhineland - sun, a few clouds, a nice breeze, no rain and warm but not hot - just perfect for me!
So I spent a long time outside walking, and visited some places which I haven't seen for ages and really enjoyed myself. My feet are still smoking, but it was worth it!

I have another tag for Wendy's 'apples and pears' challenge at Tag Tuesday, perhaps representing the goddess of plenty smiling on the beautiful fruits of the season. The background was painted, stamped and glittered. The fruit is from Free Vintage Clip-art:



And I have a WIP. Last week at art-group I once again used up my left-over paints to make an A2 (24" x 17") background. I scraped the paints in various directions using a palette knife:


Then I started to work on it to turn it into a new book-cover. Here I have folded in the edges after fixing recycled cardboard (from paper blocks) to strengthen the spine and covers:


The front was stamped using the huge stamp I carved 2 years back:


After crazy-sewing the edges I lined the inside with some designer paper:


The outside of the covers:


The back of the book:


Some more views:



I still need to make the signatures and sew them in. I am linking to Paint Party Friday and to Simon Monday challenge, use a stamp.

These are some of my pics from Sunday and Monday, I still need to organise those I took today:





 This huge bronze relief is on the town walls here and shows how boats used to be pulled along the Rhine - that's Kaiserswerth in the background:


Lovely skies on Sunday:


These ducks had different colours to their usual ones:


The old water mill in Kalkum:




Beautiful houses and gardens in Kalkum:





On Monday I went with Nathalie for a coffee in Oberkassel - this is a great place to people-watch:



On the way back to the car we saw these fun windows:




And this is one of my fave views (as you might have noticed by now....):


Have a great day, take care,
and thanks a lot for coming by!

29 comments:

  1. I love the way your book is coming out. It looks fantastic!

    Such beautiful pictures. Love all the ducks and swans. The weather looks lovely and the cappuccinos look scrumptious!

    Hope you have a fantastic week!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created more lovely artwork. Great assortment of photos. I like the buildings there. That bronze relief was interesting. I like the fun store windows. Your coffees look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fall tag and pages. Enjoyed your photos today. Horses pulling the boat is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supper tag Valerie. It has a nice Victorian feel and I love the fruit. But not as much as I like the little mouse. That is perfect. And super journal cover. It is cool and I like the paper you lined it with also. Happy mid-week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the little mouse!đź’–đź’–

      Delete
  5. Your Apple and pears Autumn tag is gorgeous!!! I love everything about it!!!
    Your book is fantastic Valerie...I love it, too...wow!!!
    You are an exceptionally talented artist.
    Love the photos always... especially the one with the bike in it.

    Hugs x❤x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bike is really beautiful and lovingly decorated for each seaon.

      Delete
  6. Love love love your gorgeous post it is so pleasing to the eye, joyous and colourful Your photos are gorgeous and love the bike one, for some reason I couldn't copy to use. So nice to have a lovely friend to enjoy coffee, walks and talks with.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Val, hope you have slept well. Another wonderful post - I say it every time, but it's true! Love the tag and the book-cover is breathtaking, looking forward to seeing it finished. Great photos, as always, love seeing what you get up to and where you go. Have a lovely day, hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tag is beautiful. I loved the fruit and was so mesmerized by it, I nearly missed the tiny adorable mouse at the bottom of the tag.

    Lovely and adorable water fowl for your photos today. They are adorable. It's amazing how many breeds can get along so well together.

    Those windows you saw on your walk had a very definite American feel to them. I really loved the photo with the bicycle. It looked like a corn maze met sunflowers, zucchini, and other flowers, too. All those photos were very lovely and different from your normal walks. I was very impressed with the streets, too. The bricks and brick patterns were unique and not something we see here in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beautiful tag reminds me of the Della Robbia fruit and is perfect for Fall. Your book will be gorgeous. What will you use it for? Your area is so pretty. Love your photos. Funny to see the Big Boy Burger boy in the shop window. Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book will be to hold tags and small art pieces so they don't fly around all the time!

      Delete
  10. The pieces are, as always, great, but that first one is just stunning. Love it.
    Also always enjoy your photography. The sweet peas and sunflowers are just gorgeous.
    YOU have a great one.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful artworks and photographs today Valerie. It must be good to get out for your walks again without too much sun or heat or wind lol. Autumn is really setting in now but it's such a nice time of year so that's ok with me. Have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your apples and pears Autumn tag …

    Really enjoyed seeing your photographs too, especially the one with the bicycle … just something about it I really liked.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your books are really fabulous! And of course you know I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The tag is just gorgeous and you are so very creative with your book covers. Thank you also for the beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome art projects, its a fantastic fruit tag and the covers for the book look fabulous, both inside and outside.
    Super photos and really fun shop windows.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tag and art work Valerie, the stamp you made is amazing too. Great to see the views, flowers and plants and birds as you are walking. The shop Windows are interesting, very 50's and American.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There's a wonderful warmth to your apples and pears tag - a real cornucopia of plenty - it's lovely. And great to see some more of your leftover paint scrapings turned into a beautiful book. So clever, and a great way to avoid waste! Thanks for sharing another lovely sunny walk with us too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison, it's always a fun challenge to make something from leftovers.

      Delete
  18. That bronze relief has such detail. Beautiful.
    Glad you're having walking weather.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowwwww your tag is spectacular Valerie !! love autumn so much, more than summer and winter, I´m a template jajaja :) Your covers are magical !! love the background and these beautiful colours, and your carved stamp too, great !
    Thanks so much for sharing these lovely photographs, th bronze relieve is stunning. Lovely houses, and so cute ducks. Enjoy and very happy Friday,
    Big hugsss, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the shots of the birds! I see at least four different species there. Looks like a fine place to go for a walk and stop for a coffee as you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we have lots of birds here in the parks and along the Rhine. I vivit them nearly every day.

      Delete
  21. Another fabulous tag and photos, frantically trying to catch up after returning from the retreat.
    Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.