Tuesday 1 May 2012

Tuesday tags on Tag Tuesday

Hi everybody, here's wishing you all a happy May 1st. The sun is shining here, so looks like it will be a nice day! I am happy to say that I have my tags for Tag Tuesday ready already! The theme this week is sewing, which is not really my thing, as I can't see enough to thread the needle, but I have managed a few large stitches, with which I tacked the sack-cloth and book-paper to the tag. The tag itself was made from some packaging, which I stamped with a random-crackle stamp in forest moss and vintage photo. Then I added a TH dress form, which I clothed with a leaf, cut from a scrap of ribbon, and 2 buttons. I have put a mini-thimble where the head should be. The sewing machine and scissors are freebies from Free Vintage stamps, which have been fussy cut and decoupaged. I placed another ribbon scrap 'under the needle' of the machine. A bow made of stitched ribbon completes the tag.


The second tag has been made from a collage from the same vintage blog, and I added the queen's head. I decoupaged some accessories, and added MOP buttons. I did some false stitching round the tag using my pokey tool and a black pen.



The photos of the flowering rape-seed fields were taken yesterday in a lane near here. They not only looked gorgeous, but the whole area was filled with their wonderfully sweet perfume.



Have a good day you all, take care, and thanks for visiting!





20 comments:

  1. I love driving down the roads seeing the bright yellow fields ;0) Despite sewing not being your thing I think your TT is beautiful I must play along this week ;0) Happy May to you to Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos, so sunny! And the tags are gorgeous, both so different and unique! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving both your tags Valerie, but rapeseed gives me hayfever.... Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tags. Love the sewing theme. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, Valerie! :) Tags look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the patience of a saint! I am again amazed at your cutting skills with the sewing machine and shears! Such delicate work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Valerie. They are both super tags especially the sewing themed tag. Lovely photos tfs. Have a great day.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous tags Valerie and lovely photo's.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collage tags Valerie, I love the sewing theme. We've had a lovely sunny day here too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful tags, and lovely flowers! You managed well with the sewing theme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Tags Valerie raining here again the yellow fields are the only "sunshine" yellow we are seeing lately....roll on summer!!!

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative tags and the flowering yellow fields are gorgeous! I hope you're having a wonderful week!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tags are wonderful, Valerie, all the details are great! And thank you for sharing the photo of the field, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the tags, Val, and the fields look so nice in the sun! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really beautiful tags, I love the sewing machine image
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to hear the sun is out! Both of your tags look great. Such wonderful detail.. And those flowers look like they would smell so yummy!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful tags Valerie.....

    I love the rapeseed photographs.... such a stunning colour

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of the tags are gorgeous! I love the way you used the silky ribbon looking as if it were being sewn on the vintage sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Valerie...
    "LOVE THE TAGS!" :]
    The images, colors, and designs are beautiful.
    Such a wonderful layout of these tags!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.