Tuesday 22 May 2012

From the Heart and Tag Tuesday

Okay, I'll start with Tag Tuesday. We are supposed to be making tags with something we found. At the weekend I found some pressed 4-leafed clovers in an old book, and planned to make a tag with them. BUT - I have forgotten in which book they are....I will start searching seriously, and hope to get that tag made later!

I picked a journal prompt from my tin today, and saw *From the heart* - eeeeeeeeek! Not really my cup of tea. But I remembered that nice quote from *The little Prince* about only seeing rightly with the heart, and that was the inspiration for my pages:




The little prince has been coloured by hand and then cut out, and stuck on to form a pocket, so that I can put some *from-the-heart-journaling* into it, and keep it for my heart.... The background has been made with Adirondack colour wash and stickles, with some little planets and stars stuck on. My finger will probably be blue for some days. The sparkle was, unfortunately, not easy to photograph.


Have a good day you all. I need to do some dreaded H*******K today, so I'd better start before I forget it again. Thanks for visiting!

19 comments:

  1. Love this. I often read The little Prince to the kids, it's a magical story. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Little Prince's famous quote. :)Awesome page, Valerie! And I can imagine what happened with the sticky tape yesterday. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages are really lovely Valerie. I couldn't help laughing at your missing clovers though. Don't overdo the HK. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Valerie. Lovely pages. Hope you find your missing clovers. How many times do we put things away for safe keeping and then can never find them :) Have a wonderful day.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally catching up Valerie and your makes of the last few days are just gorgeous.
    I have the dreaded to do as well and today is warm and sunny finally so my washing should at least dry outside.
    Hope your day goes to plan.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pages and I do love the quote, so true! The background came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous pages, Valerie! Don't do too much of that "H" stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dreaded H word again, should be banned from the dictionary in my opinion.
    Love your pages and the little boy is so adorable. hope you find the lucky four leaf clovers.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pages again Val, I have always liked the Little Prince, too! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pages Valerie....hope you find your clovers...xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Valerie, I like your heart pages; you did a marvelous job. Hope you find the clovers in one of your books. It is so maddening when we can't find an item. This happens to me too and I get so angry.

    good luck
    C

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice quote to go with your little prince!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's one of my favorite quotes and what a beautiful way to illustrate it!
    Hope you find your clovers soon ;)
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant quote and page. I knew he was from the Little Prince even before reading your post. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. such wonderful words
    and a charming piece of art ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Valerie. I just got your postcard via the Inspiration Postcard swap late last week! Hello from Canada!! Thank you so much for the beautiful postcard and goodies! I'm loving your site and can't wait to browse around some more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the background technique you applied, Valerie.
    The pocket, what a clever idea.
    Really enjoying your journal pages!!
    Everything looks wonderful. :]

    ReplyDelete
  18. You lost your clovers and I found my glasses ( in the fridge ) DONT ASK !!!!! fab pages and love the fantastic backgrounds and quotes.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.