Sunday 13 March 2011

Stamping and Embossing on Metal


Good morning you all. Well, it's nearly midday here, and I only crawled out of bed half an hour ago, I NEVER sleep this late, so must be a wonder. I was so groggy that I went through my place looking at all the clocks to see if it was really so late! Hope you all slept well and are enjoying your Sunday, too. I still have blue fingers from last night, I was working with indigo ink, and as hard as I scrubbed, it just did not come off completely, looks like a make-up artist got me ready for the morgue in CSI! But I am happy to say that I feel very alive after 2 large frothy coffees!
Yesterday evening I started working on some metal for the *Simon Says stamp and show some metal* challenge. I made a note book and a tag, but I'm only entering the tag today. I cut a strip of silver metal foil, folded all the edges to give it a tag form and get the sharp parts away from my fingers, and then stamped the long haired lady onto it. I don't know who the stamp is from, but I stamped it using Stazon *indigo*. Then I embossed the rest of the tag using a sizzix embossing plate. I could not do it in the machine, as I wanted to keep the lady smooth and wrinkle-free, so I used a koh-i-noor paper stump to get the pattern where I needed it. I embossed from the back, so that the raised pattern would be at the front to ink over. When the embossing was done, I rubbed over the image part using a tea-spoon to make the image balloon out a bit and stand out from the embossed background. I swiped over it with archival black and indigo, and that was it. Decided not to use any other charms or ribbons, as I think it looks good as it is. Was great fun to make, and the blue fingers aren't that bad....I know I could have used rubber gloves, but do not like working with them. And a thank you to Yvonne, who used this stamped image recently on one of her lovely creations, and reminded me that I had it....


Have a great day, and thanks for looking!
I am also entering this into *Try it on Tuesday* - Women's Day Challenge
and *Let's Ink it Up - Embossing*

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you slept a lot better than me Valerie as I've been up for hours having woken up several times in the night. Hubby very kindly brought me tea at 7am which helped make me feel better.
    Love your gorgeous tag - the colour is fabulous and the embossing looks great with your image.
    I know all about the inky fingers as mine were green yesterday (literally green fingers so hubby says I should get out in the garden!)
    Glad to see you entering the LIIU challenge too and wish you good luck.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous tag, the colours are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful tag, love everything about it! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must the time change, I slept in until 7:00 am, which I never do.

    Valerie, you tag is soooooo gorgeous, our lady looks so much better in blue! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely blue tag Valerie, and how with it of you to have blue "Avatar" hands .... !!!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag and I'm glad you slept so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tag, I love the blue and silver together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sleepyhead.......loving your embossed metal tag, its wonderful. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tag and colours! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this because it is just different! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Colours - blue and silevr look just wonderful together on metal. Thanks for playing with Simon Says Stamp and Show.


    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great. I want to try metal embossing this year. Need to fit it in some day! I think you are right that it looks great like this- no need for more. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am very impressed, Valerie, this really looks good. Hope you are not so groggy tomorrow and that the blue ink washes out soon, lol. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hun haven't been around for a while but wish I had your creations are still stunning. Love this tag, just right for our embossing challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at let's Ink It Up.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel the same way when I get too much sleep. I'm worse off! LOL. This is fabulous. Very creative! Well done. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.