Tuesday 22 March 2011

Less is more Challenge and just playing around.....

Yesterday I started playing with some of my new stamps. I loved the cube with geometric shapes and a gingko leaf that I got from Hein design, and combined it with another stamping-cube that I bought from them last year, and my new tiger and leopard stamps, and just played around, which is very therapeutic.
This card has been made for *Less is More* masculine cards.

I have kept the 6" square card very simple again, one layer, a coloured square and Mozart in profile, and instead of a sentiment some notes and his name.




The next piece is a contrast programme. I made it for *Try it on Tuesday* *Chocolate* theme, and then fell asleep on the couch last night and forgot to upload it. But as it as planned as a little present for a friend, it will not be wasted. I used the packaging of some very lush chocolate bars which were filled with mousse, cut the tag, heart and wings from it and took it from there. I added a vintage image, a sentiment made with my Brother p-touch, and a golden heart. I tied a chocolate stick into the ribbon instead of a charm, and stuck a small bar of chocolate onto the tag, so now I truly have a chocolate tag.

The little cards following are just try-outs, I used half postcard sized scraps to play with my new stamps.


21 comments:

  1. Lovely work, you seem to have had a good time!
    Could I have the number 5 please? I think you still have my snail-mail addy. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. truly gorgeous cards, all of them. I'm really impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your less is more card and your tag is to die for, brilliant.
    You are having so much fun with your new stamps. Enjoy the day, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovley cards.... but.... the Mozart one is absolutely stunning! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Mozart is featured for a second time at "Less is More" this week... I wonder if I should get these stamps they're fab!
    Thanks so much for your submission to our challenge. It's a fabulous CAS card!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Mozart card, love the block of colour. Your chocolate tag is fab (If you don't mind I might have a go at this sometime). Your little cards are great too, I particularly like number 4. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, and you are more than welcome to try the choccie tag. If you are lucky, one of the buys might fall down while you are trying to stick it on and then you have to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards and tag..love the use of the block of yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards and awesome tag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your cards are beautiful, love your new stamps, especially the animal ones. Sorry you missed the Chocolate swap it would have been a fabulous addition to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Less is more is so hard to do I love your less is more love all your creation lol to the bar of cjhocolate in one:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say The Mozart stamp wins for me hands down and I love the less is more card VERY much

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is fabulous! I want to create something for that challenge...just need to decide which image I want to use!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your creations are fantastic! Hop over and check out my Vintage Egg Challenge when you get time! Hugs Tee

    ReplyDelete
  15. all lovely val, well done...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are having fun aren't you! Love the chocolate ones you did ... very inventive. hugs from Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely collection, looks like you had a lot of fun making them.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WHOA, your less is more cards are AWESOME, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool looks! Love your "compos"ition on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful cards
    Hug Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your Mozart card, the image is so striking x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.