Thursday 3 March 2011

Art Journal March


Today looks like spring - the sun is shining and the birds are singing but it is still ice cold . At least it gives the feeling that we are going in the right direction....
I made my March pages using spring colours in the hope that it might give me at least the illusion of spring! The background has been distressed with TH inks, then I sprayed it with water and perfect pearls, which made the colours melt into each other and get a nice sparkle. After heat drying I added the paper squares for the days, using paper from this month's *Scrapbooking*magazine. The title has been stamped with my LaBlanche alpha stamps. Added some random stamping with bunnies, flowers etc to give a spring feeling, and some floral rub-ons for a bit more colour.
I also added 2 journaling frames with March quotes.
It was fun trying out my new stamps, the bunny in the grass and the hedgehog, both from LaBlanche, and I am sure I will be using them a lot for spring and Easter projects.
It was, as always fun, kept me successfully from doing any h*******k or that wicked word I*****g, and it does me good to write a few words each evening to recap on the day and draw some positive conclusions.
Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Val, looks great again, well done on keeping it going! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Spring pages Val.
    Gorgeous colours and I love the stamping.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages! Love the little bunny, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, very fresh and spring-y! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pages! Absolutely gorgeous! Makes me want to jump right in! Personally I am ignoring anything that doesn't say "spring is here" ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful "spring" page, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful spring pages, the colours and the images are lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You for sure caught the colors of spring. Just beautiful. Colors are my life. As having synesthesia I see colors for names and numbers. Your name makes a beautiful picture in my head too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will get you ready for Spring! Very pretty. I like these art journal calanders,so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great journal, love the colours and spring images! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. very 'spring' like page, fab val, well done...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been up into the night playing with muted green and bright red paper, so your lovely spring colours are like a breathe of fresh air. I love your idea of an art journal, you have some great ideas Valerie. CoB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.