Wednesday 16 March 2011

More Challenges!

Good morning you all. It's another lovely day here, cold but sunny. I need to make the most of it today, as the weather frogs have promised us rain later.



The first tag I made is for a challenge that I saw on *Pieces of Whimsy*. Traci had made a lovely creation for her PIT group, and there was a lovely image of antique playing cards to use. I used a manila tag, and distressed the edges and printed the image with adirondack espresso.
I cut out the cards, distressed them and fixed them into a stack with a brad, and they can be fanned out to show as a hand of cards. I added a felt heart and some hand doodling.



















The second tag has been made for Tag Tuesday - I hope I am not too late there! It has to be a card with a surprise. I used a manila tag, which has been distressed with Th inks in gradient colours, which show up rather muted because of the manila background, an effect that I like. The door has been stamped with a *Dark Room Door* image is archival black, and lightly coloured with green pencil. I cut round part of the door, so it can be opened. I added bird and flower rub ons around the door for some colour.






Now for the surprise. When the door is opened, there is an image of a laughing garden gnome inside. I'm sorry, but I can't remember where I downloaded the image!




















And the the third piece is for the Gingersnaps Yahoo Group Recipe Challenge - 3 papers, 3 words and 3 buttons. I have used one paper for the background, two for the alphas, and 3 rosettes made from the three papers, with the three buttons on top.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm the first one again! Lovely work, the surprise tag is my fave! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the little felt heart and cards on your first piece ...all beautiful creations :)http://www.ustream.tv/channel/decorah-eagles
    The eagles are doing ok...I'm going to try to send you the link.
    If you google decorah eagles and click on the first link, that will take you to the USTREAM vide...click on the little arrow in the ustream video box and you can watch them, too.
    There's a 30 second ad, but then all you'll see are the eagles tending to their nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, I have nabbed the playing cards to, you never know I may need them ha ha thanks for the link.

    The first one is my fave I love this tag and heart all just fit so well together.

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, you have been creating AWESOME works again, Valerie! Did you make the rosettes my hand? How brilliant, the door that opens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really gorgeous and those playing cards look lovely. May have to pop over as I was searching for some a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find any I liked.
    Love the opening door on the second tag and the little bird is so sweet.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Yvonne, I made the rosettes, and the papers in the middle stuck to ecerything, just not to the rosettes - grrrrrrrrr - it took an hour to get them stuck down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab tags val Oh I love the one with the little door enter here Oh just love it, hehe loving the gonome I love gnomes hugs alma x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful challenge pieces! Each one has wonderful creative elements. Thanks for taking the Gingersnap Yahoo! group recipe challenge! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are lovely! I love the vintage playing cards, you distressed them so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work again, love it all! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so wonderful! Love that gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. all lovely val, well done...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing novelty pieces and these are great Valerie. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work again Val, especially loving the cute little gnome hiding behind the doors on your tag (I was a gnome when I was in the Brownies!)

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of beautiful creations today, love them all! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are amazing Val just love the playing card tag, sorry not been on lately just don`t know where the time goes :O) Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love what you did with the cards! Very fun challenge! We've had a lot of fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. both your tags are wonderful and such surprises!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.