Tuesday 15 March 2011

One More for Less is More and Something Brown for ...

Good morning everyone from sunny and spring like Rhineland. Nice to be woken up by sunshine and bird song again!


The card I have made for the *Less is More, Off the Edge* challenge was inspired by the view out of my window. The sun rises in the East, which is over to my right, and I see it through the branches of the silver birch in the garden. And the wild geese often fly past. For my card the sun has been stamped using a round stamp from Hein Design, Belgium and 2 shades of Color Box pigment ink. The leafy flourishes have been stamped using a floral stamp from LaBlanche and brown Color Box, as have the flying geese (Lavinia Stamps). The Sentiment is from LaBlanche and means *Everyone wants to get back to nature, just not on foot*. I distressed the edges and did a few *sun* streaks with TH wild honey. I think I am beginning to enjoy making cards with less clutter on them, and will def. keep on trying!

The theme over at Sunday Stampers is something brown. I made a double mini-shadow box from a manila tag and 2 matchboxes. The tag has been stamped and distressed with Adirondack Espresso. I fixed the match boxes behind the tag after cutting the openings. The boxes have been painted with gold-brown acrylic paint, and then I used some scraps of brown embossed and inked paper for the bakground. The images are from *Crafty Individuals*, the metal corners from LaBlanche, the rose from Netty (thanks again), the heart from my stash and the brown ribbon was from a chocolate Easter Bunny that got eaten last year.


Both pieces were fun to make, as always. Now I'm afraid I must do a little h*******k before getting crafty again, sometimes it can't be avoided. Have a great day you all, and thanks for looking!

24 comments:

  1. Both your creations are gorgeous! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both creations are indeed fab but loving your "off the edge" card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work again, love them both! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is simply beautiful and the tag is fabulous, Valerie! Gotta love those sunshiny days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, I love the effect you have achieved on this card. Thanks for joining our challenge and we hope to see you next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both SOOOO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow That card is just my type of card, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card
    Love the sun you have created
    Thanks for entering
    mandi
    "Less is More"
    WV

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both lovely. I saw that dirty word you used too! Don't do too much of that h--------k! Now you got me to say it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so beautiful again! lovely card I do like.

    But what a lovely tag match box idea! very yummy. Stay away from those dirty words lady, H**** W*** they can be a killer ha ha

    As always lovely things to see

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry Ladies, I will watch my language in future and not say naughty things again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous pieces... thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper... and thanks for not spelling out that H word.. I had a fit of the vapours at the thought of it ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  13. the colours on your card are just fantastic! Gorgeous really!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great creations, love the card and the tag box, love all your ideas! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them both Val, your view from youyr window is wonderful. Hope you still feel ok after the H.......k!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Jeanie, I survived it and won't do it again this week, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your off the edge card. That sun is gorgeous. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the "off the edge" card~I must give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 2 great makes, Valerie, and your Less Is More is even better than yesterday's. I lay in bed last night wondering if I could make a LIM card......i really need to get out more, ha ha. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a striking card, it's great. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh No! Not H********K! :o) Both pieces are lovely. I had a boo around LaBlanche ... great things there. I don't think we have anything like the forms here. I love the flourish stamps you use .. very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of these are just gorgeous! I've been watching a pair of eagles who have 3 eggs that are due to hatch approx. April 1st..I must admit when I see them on the web cam, I don't want to leave my computer...they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. woo val, cannot keep up with all your creations, lovely val...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.