Thursday 24 March 2011

Gingersnapper Spirit Colour Blog Hop

Hello everybody and welcome to the Gingersnapper Spirit Colour Blog Hop. *Ginger, copper or rust*

I have made three pieces for today.
The First one is an altered Notebook.


Here I used copper coloured structure paste around the edges of the covers, and some hand made paper with a copper metallic finish for the main part of the covers. I bought the paper at the CREATIVA on Sunday, at a stand where they had sooo many beautiful hand made papers that the choice was very difficult. The book plate has been cut from some dark brown paper bought at the same tempting place using a TH Alterations die. The title, *Geflügelte Worte* - literally *winged words*, is a German name for collections of sayings and quotes. The note book is a present for a friend who loves collecting sayings, and I thought this would be very appropriate for writing them down. The wings are from Melissa Francis, and have been painted with copper coloured paint and distressed with brushed corduroy.

The second item is a piece of altered jewellery. It shows a picture of a distant relation as a child, and the reverse shows a part of an old document pertaining to an ancestor.


The images have been sandwiched between two memory glasses with sepia accents. The glass on the reverse side cracked, but I decided not to change it, as it gives it a very vintage look, and it cannot fall out as it has been fixed with the sepia accents. I mounted the memory frame onto an old necklace which belonged to her, and it makes a nice addition to my collection of memory shrines and tins.



The third piece is a shadow box, or nicho, cut from copper coloured metal foil and embossed.


The box has been made from a large matchbox, painted with copper metallic paint, and backed with a vintage rose scrap. The head, made from a form and coloured with Inka gold in copper, has been surrounded with roses. I added some beads on a gold wire at the top, and an angel scrap, which has been coated with glossy accents.
All three items were fun to make, and it is great to take part in this Gingersnapper spirit blog event.
Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

29 comments:

  1. Just stunning projects for the Bog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing artwork for the blog hop! each one so special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great site! Great works!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creations! You were up very early today, how come?? Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your creations are great!!!You are a very talented lady, Valerie!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning from a sunny Cheshire in the UK....WOW you have been a very busy bee! Wonderful creations - all three but I "think" my fave has to be the notebook or then again...it could be the pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work each piece is so different and wonderfully individual smashing inspiration. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love all of these Valerie and love all the texture you've incorporated.
    Playing catch up at the moment as I haven't been commenting enough and have to say I love all your less is more creations too - wish I could do those but I always end up adding too much!
    Hope you have a lovely day.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic pieces! All so wonderful and creative!

    Thanks for playing the Copper, Ginger or Rust Challenge on Gingersnap Creations and joining in our blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are SO beautiful! I really love that pendant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all gorgeous works of art! Love the wings on the journal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, three absolutely stunning pieces, Valerie! Thanks for sharing how you made each piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creations as always! Love them all!
    Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab creations I love that the glass cracked and you leftit It really does give it a vintage feel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh boy were you ready to party Valerie with these great creations, every one a gem.... brill work as usual my friend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Netty, I've got to the age where I'm always ready to party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pieces! I especially like the book and the idea of "winged words"- so appropriate for a collection of quotes - wonderfully done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't pick a fav- cause there's bits I love about all of them xx love the wings, the images the mask the flowers ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing all 3 pieces are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All these pieces are absolutely stunning ... each single one worth their own party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the texture of your book and especially of the little shrine. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, all your creations are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All of your art is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are gorgeous! I love how you've distressed the wings and I agree, the cracked glass adds to your project!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great lot of ginger goodness--these are all great pieces, but I have to say, I really like your memory pendant. VERY nice!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't decide on a fave today all are so appealing. I am sure the journal will be greatly appreciated and Love the story about the necklace I think you were right to leave the glass (as it's safe)I bought some of these ages ago (glass & frames) maybe it's time I got one or two made ;0)

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful creations...love the cover of your book...and the textured feeling it has.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! I don't know where to begin...these are all amazing! The pendant is really cute and that shrine is great-love the metallic finish, and neat journal. You do such great work there! Es ist wunderbar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.