Thursday 10 March 2011

The Postie Called Again....


Yesterday the Postie brought me a letter from England. Inside I found some pretty things from Dawn .
Some days ago I saw a beautiful ATC folder with ATCs on her blog, and she was kindly offering to give them away to the first person who asked - and I was the first one!

The ATC folder is beautifully made, with three gorgeous Paris ATCs, and tied with a matching ribbon, and I am very happy to have it for my collection of art-work made by friends I have made here on the net.

Dawn sent a beautiful card, too:
And although it is lovely to receive things, and have things *for real* that I have seen on a Blog, the best thing is to meet nice people, get to know more about them, to find new friends. Thanks a lot Dawn, nice to get to know you!

And I have been playing here, experimenting with bits and pieces. I hate to throw nice boxes away; on the other hand, if I leave them on my workspace they magically fill up with miscellaneous objects. So I just have to use them. I had another little box in which one of my 1€ clocks was packed. So this time, I decided to turn the box into a clock. I just don't know if this is thinking outside the box or inside the box....Is it a bock or a clox?
I covered the box with torn strips of one of my old magazines, using mod-podge, and then painted it with some diluted white gesso. I added a bit of TH tissue tape here and there, made a hole in the base, and fixed the clock to it. And I am proud to say that it works. This was a fun project, and I am entering it as a second take on the theme *Time* over at *Alter it Monthly*



Thanks for looking, and have a great day.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely things Val, enjoy them The clock is good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make as many as you like for alter it monthly lol.. so keep up the good work ;)

    Im fond of the classic themes. time.. paris.. travel.. so loving this post right through.. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Zuzu, you will be wishing you hadn't told me that! Time and Travel are right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you to win Dawn's ATC folder, very sweet.

    Your clock is great - well done for using an old box! I'm very impressed that it works too. I'm hoping to take part in the Alter It Monthly challenge, time seems to be running away with me though:0(

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. FIrst of all, lucky you, congrats!

    Love your little working clock, so cool, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the pretty things you got from Dawn! And I LOVE that clox / bock or whatever! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun clock! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great clock/bock/clox, Valerie, I'd be afraid of it not working after being taken apart, you obviously have the knack with these things. Beautiful artwork from Dawn too, you lucky thing. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for popping into my blog today. You really did have a wonderful 'mail day' didn't you! Love your clock. Good luck at Alter it Monthly. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool clock val, well done on winning dawns ATC holder, it's lovely and the ATC too...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the things you got in the post, and your clock - bock - clox is totally cool! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comments Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow gorgeous work! Lovely clock! Congrats on the lovely RAK! Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.