Sunday 6 March 2011

More Challenges




Yesterday evening I came back home after spending a pleasant couple of days with a friend. I suppose it's common to all people to do the necessary things first when they get back home - like unpacking your bag, putting things away etc. Well, I didn't. I dropped my bag in the hall and went and checked my craft things straightaway - it was all still there, waiting for me, looking sort of tidy and unused....Of course, I soon changed that! Got down to making some tags. I cut the tags from scrap-paper and used a page out of one of my old magazines from 1899 - which was, unfortunately , torn beyond repair - and cut out strips to stick onto the tags. I distressed the tag with TH inks in gradient colours, and then added rub ons (LaBlanche)and images (Crafty Individuals) and a charm made from a piece of an old necklace with a metal tag put on at the end instead of a bead. Some fabric flowers were added to give the finishing touch, and that was that. I am entering this tag into the GC90 *Charms* Challenge over on Gingersnaps
as my second take on this theme.


















This postcard is for the *Simon Says stamp and show some ephemera* Challenge.

The background of clocks and writing has been stamped with resist ink onto the card before distressing with TH inks in gradient colours. The leopard has been stamped with black archival ink and clear embossed, as has the clock at the top right (leopard and clock stamps are both from LaBlanche, the background stamp is from Paper Artsy). The golden clock and frame on the left (stamp from LaBlanche) has been stamped with a Tsukineko glue pad to which I stuck sme gold leafing bits. The chandelier is a rub on, and the tapes on the left side from TH. Oh yes, and I added a game-spinner and a bird cut with a Martha Stewart punch to the top clock. Was fun making something crazy again!
Thanks for looking and have a great day!

22 comments:

  1. Wow!!!Both of them are great!!!!Good luck Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are gorgeous Val - I really love that there's so much to look at on your tags.
    You made me laugh and got me thinking about what we do when we get home after a trip - OH insists on going through the mail even before the car is fully unloaded and I head for the kettle.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both stunning.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both lovely, so much to see, just great! Hugs, Sarah & Kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! Too funny, how you dropped your bags and went straight to the stamp room :) Both the tag and postcard are beautiful!! Like how you put the little bird on the clockhand :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pieces, Valerie! LOL, as how you entered your home :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work again, both are so different, and there is so much to see! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both, so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing tags! So much detail and technique! Perfect for the Gingersnap Creations charm challenge! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous combination of elements ... thanks for "charm"ing us again at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both beautiful Val. Love your attention to detail. Still chuckling that you abandoned your case in the hall to head to your crafting!!!!

    Hugs - Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. both lovely val, well done...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Valerie, third time lucky here as I've been trying to say how gorgeous your tags are but Mr Blogger has been on a go slow.
    Sorry not to have been around much as I've been up to my eyes in stuff lately.
    Glad to hear you had a good trip and your abandoning your case to do crafting really made me smile.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both gorgeous tags Valerie, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  15. great tags! You have so many cool embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, these are both gorgeous! I love your collage work, and the colors are beautiful. And I'm glad to hear someone else avoids the chores, and crafts instead! After all, what better inspiration than some fun time with a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. NICE pieces!! Very pretty, both of them!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful Val! It's so great to be back in the world of blogging, and I see you are still creating such wonderful things for us all to look at, your tags are amazing!!! :)
    Finally back in our house now, phew! But still lots to do, it's just so nice to be back and catching up with everyone. Not been on the forum for a while, but noticed you've not been there too :( hope to catch up soon Val!
    Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Valerie, I love that you dropped your bag and went straight to your too-tidy craft stuff....what a true crafter! lol. Fab tags too, but i hope you finally got round to unpacking your bag (or are you just going to leave it there ready for your next trip? he he). CoB

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous tags Valerie, love all the interesting embellishments!!!
    It's so great that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week,
    Thank you!
    HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.