Saturday 16 July 2011

Saturday , the weekend is here!

Good morning everybody, or good whatever it is where you live! This post has to be shorter today, I am going to a friend's to scrap and play.
Yesterday I did more painting - in red - but it can't be revealed till Monday! and I made a pocket-book and a book-mark to take to B. today. The pocket book idea I have copied from Lesley of Harmony Road Studio. She recently sent me one of these beautiful little books with pockets to hold photos or ATCs or whatever, and I loved it so much that I decided to make one for my friend. I used double sided papers from the Sasha Collection again, as they have the right thickness. I decorated my book differently, using my fave owl stamp, stamped with perfect pearls medium and embossed with gold perfect pearls. The gold doesn't show up too well on the photos, in real ife it looks nicer. And I made a matching book-mark from a strip of left over cover materials, also stamped with perfect pearls, this time using a script stamp. For the covers I have used papers from the fairy tale Stack by DCKW, and I love the effect of stamping with gold onto the brown patterned paper.





So, that was all for today. Hope to *see* you all again tomorrow. Havea good day, take care and thanks for visiting!

22 comments:

  1. Oh very cool Valerie! Love the perfect pearls effect. Gotta try that ... gives it a real antique look doesn't it. Have fun with your friend, and craft 'til your daft. (shouldn't take too long .. ha ha :o) hugs from Mexico, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gooooood, Donna, that's a new one, will write it down straightaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little book and book-mark! Have a great weekend, I must go, P. is shouting.....Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie, Fabulous owl and that folder is wonderful and the tag's pretty special, I hope you have lots of crafty fun today. Love Donna's expression too LOL Gayxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I meant bookmark, it's early or late or I'm just daft! one of the above!!!! Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them Valerie! Great "antique" feel to them.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. trying to "convert" DS's girlfriend I'm taking her to a card class this afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Varlerie. Super projects. Really really like the antique look with the owl projects. Thanks for sharing.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Valerie
    The pocket book is something special,
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific craftings as usual Valerie. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful and I love those eyes on the owl,, I love owls,, alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that owl looks wonderful against the background great idea. Fabulous atc book. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that owl! Hope you had a lovely day scrappin'!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work, as always, that book is something special! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Valerie, have fun today!

    You created some incredible projects the last few days and I'm always happy to view your art.

    The owl piece today is exceptional. COOL!

    Love your bookmark too!

    The gals were here for art club yesterday and I had to show off your recent package of art. They, too, thought it was terrific and wonderful that I would receive such exceptional goodies. I had to show off your tags especially because you are QUEEN OF TAGS. And, they mentioned how thoughtful of you to send me an oriental themed card.

    Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carolyn, you are making me blush! Glad you had a great time with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Valerie, I love your ATC book and your bookmark is so sweet.
    So happy to have inspired you a bit. Take care, have a good crafty day and enjoy the weekend. Sure comes around quick anymore doesn't it?
    Lesley ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely val, I hope you've had a good time crafting, have a good weekend what's left of it...

    maria axx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a lovely time crafting with your friend Val. I love the little keeper book. The owl looks fab stamped in gold like that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hoot!
    I see an owl... love the way the eyes came out.
    The book is very clever & crafty.
    Bravo!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous owl.. and such a cool holder.. lovely bookmark too..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Craft til your daft I better stop now then, that was a cracker fron Donna. Love your owl and your folder/pocket thingy must check out the tut, tag is tagilicious too. See you tomorrow.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.