Wednesday 13 July 2011

It's cold again!

Good morning you all, hope you are all fit and well. Yesterday was extremely hot here, but very humid, and in the late afternoon we had some storms and rain, which cooled it off a bit. It thundered and rained all night, and now we have a cool 15°c, so just half of what it was yesterday. Crazy weather! I went to my friend Inge yesterday, she rang up and asked if I wanted to go over for a few hours, so I hopped into the car and went. We absolved our usual programme - drinking coffee, snacking, eating, chatting and playing cards.
Yesterday evening I managed to do some crafting, today I have reserved for painting, just don't know what yet.
I managed 2 tags, a card and a gift box, then spent the rest of the evening with my feet up watching TV.
The first tag is for Grungy Monday over at Studio L3. This time we had to use the Techniques of Tim Holtz from Day 7 of the 12 days of Christmas from 2007
I used a cardboard tag, painted with gesso, and then distressed with Victorian velvet before clear embossing. Then I rubbed over the background with forest moss. I stamped over the background with a script stamp, and then decorated with some mini envelopes, tied into a bundle like love letters, an image from CI, and a fountain pen and ink bottle, which have been stamped in several colours and then cut out and fixed with foam pads. I added a scrap of forget-me-nots and printed the title with my Brother P-touch.


The second tag is for the *Try it on Tuesday* Challenge Their theme is *birds and bees*, so I made a tag, distressed it, added a TH branch tree, and then lots of flowers and birds. And 2 fairy mushrooms, just because I like them.


The card has been made from a kit which I got ages ago in a blog candy, and it always comes out when I need a quick,feminine card. The little present box will be hiding a voucher as a present.



I hope you all have a good and safe day. Thanks for visiting!

32 comments:

  1. Love the tags, and the card and box are pretty, too! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super tags. The card and the box are really pretty.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely grunged up cards. :) It was cold here this morning, too, but it's heating up pretty quickly so no cooling off for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' all of it! Tags are fab. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super tags Valerie, love the 'love letters' and the bird one is so cheery. We actually have sun here today. Happy painting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. More lovely work and done so quickly by the sound of it! love the little bundle of love letters such a romantic tag. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tags and a beautiful card.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a busy girl! I love your tags, the love letters is a terrific idea. And the gift boxes re so lovely. Valerie, I'm guessing you must be about 8 hours behind me. You are generally the first person to look at my blog (about 4 in the afternoon here). I love seeing your comments. x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I particularly like the last 'flower bouquet' tag, a bit whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  10. they're beautiful,, I love the colors,,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie, that would be right, I'm mostly at my computer at about 8 a.m., post my daily bits and bobs, and then go on tour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great! I love your Grungy Monday tag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great creations! Love the "Forget Me Not" tag. Great detail in all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful selection again, love the box and the tags are gorgeous.
    Thankyou for joining us at TioT's as well, so much detail and I loved the die cut tree on the edges.. Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there Valerie, I love your gorgeous makes today, glad you had a good day with Inge, it's wonderful to spend time with good friends,my turn tomorrow, have fun, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous tags Valerie - I do love all the little "extras" you add to your work.
    Great card and gift box too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, these are all gorgeous, Valerie!! I hope it cools down there...It's so hot and humid in New Orleans too. I think it will stay that way until Oct.!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tags and card are beautiful! Wonderful take on the GM15 challenge! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Always amazing!! :]
    I really adore your "birds & bees" tag, fantastic. The mushrooms really caught my eye... love it.
    Happy Wednesday <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. My eye zoomed right into the details on the first tag, the bundle of love letter, the ink and pen. This is sooooo gorgeous.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have no idea how you create such great projects so quickly, am totally amazed. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Val I love your tags! You know what works and apply it every time! And The Card is Super Pretty!
    Pink & Green are so good together. Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your tags Val. Whenever I try something like this they always look a bit 'off'. Yours always look so right.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love! Love! Love...more fab fun! happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. dear Valerie,
    you know I love all your tags! But these are trully special...Hope it gets warmer for you. take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the tags, and the card and box are pretty i like it...




    Discount card printing

    Plastic Cards

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are beautiful Val and I love the flapper in the post below!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I missed my Valerie fix yesterday so am catching up ! Lovely tags and books and boxes and cards , each one so different, from the Mr Holtz to the card kit you wouldn't know that they had been created by the same person love that. Sounds like you had a great day with your friend . Have a greet weekend.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love to play with color like you have done. You never know what will happen. Your tags are wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such lovely pieces on show - really like the colourful birds and the vintage images...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.