Tuesday 5 July 2011

It's Tuesday and the sun is shining!

Good morning you all, I can hardly believe it, but the sun is shining and it's warm again. The weather men have said it will only be for a few days, then it will get cold again, so we will have to make the most of it.

Yesterday I started clearing up in my bed room. There are piles of things that need sorting out, loads of things higgledy piggledy in the wardrobe that need to be put straight, and then perhaps it will look more welcoming. I have decided to do half an hour a day till it's done, just hope that I don't mess it all up again in between.

Yesterday I made some more tags. On Saturday I got another nice box, which I changed into a pile of tags, and so I had an itty-bitty day doing bits and pieces. I did some painting, too, but that has to be finished for Friday, so you will see it then.

One of the tags is for the *Three Muses Challenge* , where the theme this week is *stairs*. I know my title is not very original, but it just seemed to fit!


The next one is for *Simon Says Stamp and show* - a flourish. The tag has been distressed with TH inks in gradient colours, and the background stamped with script and diamond pattern, and then clear embossed. I added a rather surreal mix of images. The top image is from CI, and also has a diamond pattern in it. The flourish has been cut from a piece of embossed and distressed coredinations paper.


This tag has been made using one of the flower fairies I got from Zoe, and the tree has been cut from some paper I got from Gaby. I made a hole in the tag, and pushed the feather into the fairy's hand, so it looks like she is tickling the owls, who are certainly looking rather grumpy! I am entering this into the challenge at *One stop Craft Challenge* where you have to show a tag, and this is two!


So, that was it for today. Have a lovely day, take care, and thanks for visiting. And Many, many thanks to all who visited and left such encouraging comments on my *Sixties* art.

29 comments:

  1. As always Valerie - wonderful tags.
    I love them all but the fairy and owls is so quirky.
    Sun shining here too but not going to last. :(
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie,
    I think you were BORN to create!!! Everything is so gorgeous! And thank you so much for your sweet comments...they mean so much to me. I was so surprised with the publication because I wasn't sure if I was going to be in it. What a wonderful surprise.

    Have a beautiful day, my friend.
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tags, hard to say which one is my fave, but I think the one with the owl and fairy, too! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tags Valerie - there's so much to look at on them. Have a lovely day.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Valerie. Love the stairway to heaven tag! You must have the most amazing collection of 'bits'. Your cards and tags are awesome! x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the stairway tag, she's a beautiful angel, in the second one the girls appear to be hiding from the scary lion and in the third, love the fairy tickling the owls. Hope the sun keeps shining for you today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such happy wonderful tags! Love the stairway .. very unique. The flourish is fabulous .. all that stuff on one tag and it's exquisite. The owl faerie ... special. Adore the owls, love the little faerie with the feather. Beautiful work, your colour sense is always on high. Enjoy your day, and stay out of that bedroom .. you don't want to ruin your reputation in the h*****k department! hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tags Val, I'm on a bit of a tag roll myself right not, you never told me they were soooo additive, lol!
    Suzie xxxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tags are just beautiful Val. I have some crinkle card board lol may have to get it out you putting me to shame with all these beautiful projects ;0) I will have to get in gear

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tags, Val, my fave is the fairy one! Lovely idea with the feather! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tags, love the Stairway to Heaven one. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant tags. I think the sunshine is inspiring your beautiful sunny work.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the tags but the owls are my favorite! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh these are gorgeous Valerie, beaurtiful work. i think my favorite is the gorgeous magical fairy arch ... i love love love her.
    Hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are such creative tags, adore all your talents :]
    Enjoy your Tuesday!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are such pretty tags!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab Tags Valarie gorgeous colours I adore how you used the flower fairy tag! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello again! We are back from our holiday, had a great time. Love your work as always, hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some elaborate and interesting tags! Most of all I like the one with St. Marc-lion on its base - it reminds me of Venice!
    Cheers, Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all three tags--each one a delight to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there queen of the tags ! I always read your blog either last thing at night or first thing in the morning never at lunchtime......and why well in the morning it is always such a great fun start to the day or in the evening a perfect end. Thank you so much Valerie for continuing to brighten my day with your wonderful creations and your ever so witty prose
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Valerie, blame it on the sun. When spring arrives here in Idaho we always get a burst of energy to clean, toss out start fresh.

    Spring just arrived in Germany!

    Fantastic tags!

    Hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  23. I particularly like the stairway one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. dear Valerie,
    gorgeous tags today. I love the owls....So happy it was warm and sunny for you. It was very warm here too. take care dearie, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  25. glad you have sun! I love the fairy with the owls! that's my favorite....have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! Such beautiful tags!!! Like all the details :)
    hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful tags. I just love them all!
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your Tags Rock! I always love when you add the DREAM element! One of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful tags Valerie! Great texture and flourish!
    Thanks so much, the Team and I are delighted you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!
    HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.