Monday 23 May 2011

Tags, cards and ducks....

Today is Monday but it still seems to be a right sun day! Looks so lovely outside. Yesterday we had lots of showers in between the sunny spells, I suppose they were necessary, as we have not had enough rain here in the past weeks.
I had a lazy day yesterday, I worked on 2 projects I started the day before, but they have to be kept secret for a few days as they are for a birthday of a friend who occasionally looks in here, so don't want to spoil the surprise.
But I did manage a tag for Hels' *Sunday Stampers*, where the theme this time is diamonds and pearls. I was a bit wary about the pearls, as you know, I swallowed some of them down last week, but this time all went well. I cut a dress form with THs alteration die, gave her a dress out of a piece of white netting, added some bejewelled white flowers to cover up some of her bits and bo(o)bs, a pearl necklace, and a hat. Oh, and a beaded heart charm hanging from her belt. The tag background has been distressed with TH inks in gradient colours, stamped with *Love* all over, and has a few added flourishes at the sides.















It looks likes she's been dressed by one of those awful, modern designers! Poor bride!


And what else did I make? I made a card for *less is more*, but this time it seems to be neither less nor more! I will try again when I am in the right mood!


I will try again when I am in the right mood!
And I made the June Calendar picture for my friend. I gave her a calendar for Christmas, and she gets a page each month to add to it. Up till now I have been late with nearly every one, but June will be able to begin punctually! I am also entering this into the *Three Muses* Eggs Challenge.
The images - both from the *Graphics Fairy* (thanks again!) have been roughly coloured with distress inks and water colours, then clear embossed and cut out and mounted onto a 6x6" background. This will in turn be mounted onto the appropriate space on the calendar!
And I wanted to share with you another picture made in the same way as the masks yesterday, which I painted while sitting watching the ducks at the duck-pond near here:


Well, I think that was it for today. It's time for another bucket of coffee here and then I will do my tour of my buddies<' blogs to see what's new. Have a great day, thanks fo looking, and take care!

36 comments:

  1. You make such wonderful projects for your friends Valerie
    your card for us is delightful, pretty colours. Look forward to your next design!
    Thank you for your continued loyalty
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, especially the mask. Ans that tag is really funny! Sue says she like the mouse best! Hugs, Sarah & Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness woman you are a craft diva! How many projects can one woman do hehe. All are superb and the first tag is supreme x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Valerie!
    All the projects are great, but the ''bride'' tag is georgous!!!Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Valerie, Gorgeous creations, the background on your bride tag's really pretty and the flower on your butterfly card are my favourite bits but it all looks wonderful. Hope you have a lovely day :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy the pearls didn't go down the 'drain' again! You are getting better! Your bride is lovely. She actually looks 3D. Your little mouse (although I find mice very questionable ... they move to fast for me ... why can't they stop to chat?) is very cute .. and love the butterfly on your card. All in all a another great day at your house. I want to come over and play. Looking for a cheap flight. he he Take care of yourself. hugs from Mexico, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'd be welcome! Flea markets galore....art shops a plenty - old castles - the Rhine - and a lumpy sofa to sleep on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely stash of creativity... thanks for joinin in with the SUnday Stamper... loving that little quackie painting too.. very cool x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is all wonderful. Love that you're so creative. And that duck painting is realy beautiful. I have a thing for abstract. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do laugh to myself when you say you haven't created very much. Honestly Valerie you are like an express train with your creations, loads and loads.........all terrific. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful projects, love the gorgeous bride's dress, and your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have done it again! always a delight to visit and see all the different things you have been up to! Great work as always I like you Butterfly card with the gentle touches of colour. Of course it is the Ducks that just blow me away pure brilliance. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi
    The tag is just wonderful with all the details.
    The card - so very elegant.
    It always amazes me when I visit, you should call your Blog, The Creative Whirlwind!!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your creativity seems to be never ending. I love everything. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Valerie! I just can't keep up with all your fabulous artwork and have no idea how you manage to do so much.
    It's all fantastic and the little mouse so cute. I REALLY want that dress form die too and off to try and find it now (my younger daughter is doing a fashion degree so it's a must)
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good excuse Fliss! But you DO need it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous art Valerie! Just adore the bride tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. There are so many fabulous things to look at in this post! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Call this a lazy day's work, Lol! Your bride is beautiful, though her hat is a bit different! Love the mouse, and what a fab idea, sending your friend a piece of art every month. LIM card is very pretty and a lovely sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, these are just wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. A collection of fabulous pieces once again.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such Lovely creations you made, after reading about the pearls I had to go back and found out the details. Oh My I do hope everything came out o.k? teeheehee

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Valerie,
    Such a varied collection today! and I just love it.Love the mannequin with the tulle and pearls the best. Glad it is a sunny day for your today, sometimes that puts a whole new light on the day.Thanks for yr sweet congrats an my first vendor design team and my grungy tag. take care...your faithful blogger friend, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Valerie, that's a lot of work for a lazy day! Just shows that this is what you love to do if you are choosing to do it in your relaxation time. I love that Less Is More card, by the way. Thinking of you. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful collection of artful pieces! My favorite is the ducks :]
    You are incredible...
    I wonder how much you create on a very "productive day?!:" :]
    Thank you for sharing, always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, all fantastic pieces again. I love visiting your blog. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  27. all fab work again val, love the calender page AND getting it done early, yeah, well done...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic dress tags, pearls and all. The only thing I worked on today was a digital piece. I'm really dragging my feet finishing up the projects stacked on my table. You manage to accomplish so much.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You've been a busy girl and it all looks so good :) I am making progress and if you would have been here I'd have sent a truck load of stuff home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. love your duck picture and I do like the 'less is more' one.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your dress tags are just fantastic. You completed a lot for it being a lazy day.:) Excellent work. The tags have a lot of detail. Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous cards and tag! I love how you layered the paper flower with the silk one!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your LiM card is very pretty. Lovely soft colours.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful LIM card! Love the soft touch of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful creations again Val I just love your butterfly card.. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.