Sunday 18 December 2011

Sunday again

Good morning you all! Yesterday was another day that disappeared very quickly. Perhaps it's because it gets dark so quickly, I don't know, but I have the feeling that the clocks are spinning faster and faster. There was no nice sunrise today, though - it's grey in grey and dripping wet, not worth taking a photo of!

I thought it was time I did another journal spread, as I didn't get round to opening my journal all week due to time at the dentist and other crafty projects that took a lot of time. I gave the pages a coat of gesso first, and then the rest just happened. The umbrella man has been made using the waste from a die-cut as a template, as I have the die but not the stamp. I like the soft look better than the die-cuts themselves here. I am not yet sure if I should give the pages some more colour - we shall see!




And as it's Sunday, another joke from Narda:


Working as a computer instructor for an adult-education program at a community college, I am keenly aware of the gap in computer knowledge between my younger and older students.

My observations were confirmed the day a new student walked into our library area and glanced at the encyclopedia volumes stacked on a bookshelf.

"What are all these books?" he asked.

Somewhat surprised, I replied that they were encyclopedias.

"Really?" he said. "Someone printed out the whole DVD?"

Have a good day you all, take care of yourselves, and thanks for looking in!

22 comments:

  1. Love your journal pages, and Narda's joke is good, as always! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great journal pages, Valerie .. love the way you were able to make the umbrella man work for you.. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the softness of the unbrella man Valerie :) good joke lol a bit like when my friends grandauter ask what's that white block on the sink for, it's soap oh ours comes out of a hand pump :)
    Take care
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages.... love the umbrella man!

    I like how you share your jokes!

    Have a good day :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great journal pages Valerie, love the effect of the sun rays. Woke up to our first snowfall this morning and a beautiful blue sky. Looks lovely (from inside the house!) Lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great journal pages and like your choice of colours.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Valerie! Love that umbrella man. He's still on my wish list! Glad you found the time to art journal, and hope you're enjoying your weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love journal pages and the umbrella man ~ very creative ~ Great joke too! ~ Happy Holidays, namaste, Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your journal pages and the rays, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super pages, love the umbrella man and the rays, great colours as well.
    Yvonne x
    p.s. loved todays joke.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely journal pages, perhaps reflecting your grey weather! Narda's joke gave me a chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome journal pages! Neat composition and fun graphical treatment of "frustration."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your journal pages :0) My poor journal has been so neglected this month...I'm pretending it's on vacation so I don't feel so guilty ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your idea, Carol, just GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pages, I love the umbrella man and the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pages, Val, like the way you have divided the pages up! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great joke!! I'm laughing hysterically..but that may have s'thing to do with the brandy..I'm trying to warm up!!
    I like your journal pages just as they are...
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Valerie. Super journal pages. Love the design. very clever. Fab joke.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do enjoy seeing your wonderful journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super journal pages. Love the graphic look and the umbrella men. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.