Thursday 15 December 2011

The Never Ending Story....

I seem to remember having my *last* appointment with the dentist on Monday....and the appointment today was going to be the very last. Then why the heck do I have to go back again on Friday???? But the dentist said this will really and definitely be the last time - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! I just hope so, this has been going on now since July 22nd, more than long enough.

We had a very stormy and blustery day yesterday, and after I came back from the dentist I got the rest of the washing done, so that was something. And it gives me some good exercise, as I have to run up and down three flights of stairs to load the washing machine and the tumble-dryer, so I had a good conscience when I started crafting again. I made another album today, and carried on working on my smash book, which got several extra pockets and some more embellishments, and is now nearly looking like it should. Here are a few more sneak peaks:






Here is the concertina album. The chipboard covers have been covered with more pictures from Claude Lorrain, taken from the ripped book I found here in the old paper bin. The pages can be used from both sides, and are large enough to take A6 photos. Some small pages have been sewn in to give lots of space for journaling, too. The album has a black elastic band to hold it shut. I registered an Etsy shop some weeks back, and after Christmas I will be putting some of my notebooks for sale there.




And before I close, some Christmas Cookie tips from Narda:
Christmas Cookie Rules..


1. If you eat a Christmas cookie fresh out of the oven, it has no calories because everyone knows that the first cookie is the test and thus calorie free.

2. If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also has no calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories.

3. If a friend comes over while you're making your Christmas cookies and needs to sample, you must sample with your friend. Because your friend's first cookie is calories free, (rule #1) yours is also. It would be rude to let your friend sample alone and, being the friend that you are, that makes your cookie calorie free.

4. Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your feet and eventually fall off as you move. This is due to gravity and the density of the caloric mass.

5. Any calories consumed during the frosting of the Christmas cookies will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess frosting from a knife without cutting your tongue.

6. Cookies colored red or green have very few calories. Red ones have three and green ones have five - one calorie for each letter. Make more red ones!

7. Cookies eaten while watching "Miracle on 34th Street" have no calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel.

8. As always, cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breaking causes calorie leakage.

9. Any cookies consumed from someone else's plate have no calories since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to their plate. We all know how calories like to CLING!

10. Any cookies consumed while feeling stressed have no calories because cookies used for medicinal purposes NEVER have calories. It's a rule!

So, go out and enjoy those Christmas Cookies - we only get them this time of year!


That was all for now! Have a good day, whatever you are up to, take care, and thanks for dropping by!

26 comments:

  1. Oooooooooooo the albums are looking fabulous Valerie would love to see them in rl.Still LOL at the Cookie rules - sounds good to me!! :-0

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I can start baking my cookies! Your album is coming along wonderfullly! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Valerie,
    These are all fabulous and I adore the first cookie rule!!!! I have to remember that one!!!

    I have been in pain all night with this tooth...I sure hope all goes well for you! You know, we need a wonderful Tooth Fairy to visit us on Christmas! What do you think? Great idea!! We deserve it! lol
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful books Valerie and wishing you all the very best with your new Etsy venture. Well done on tackling the laundry basket - wish I could get to the bottom of mine Have a great Thursday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how your book is coming together Valerie :)
    Can't beleive you have to back again to the dentist and right on top of Christmas too
    Cookies here I come lol
    take care
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your smash book more and more it is going to be terrific. Good luck with the shop with all the lovely goodies you make it will be a real treasure cave.

    Bad luck about the dentist have to hope the final final ending is a good one. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your smash book is 'smashing'!! Love the embellishments you used - the heart is gorgeous. Your note books will be a hit on etsy - love this one with the painting cover. Sorry to hear about the Dentist. He probably knew all along, and was afraid to tell you in case you bolted and never returned .. ha ha. Have a great day. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Valerie! Love your Smash book. Also on my "to do" list! Narda is a very smart lady! Love her cookie rules!

    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Smash book looks like so much fun and love your journal pages! HA...love the cookie tips :) Tomorrow is the day that your dental stuff should be done...yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your idea for a smash book. And the cookie rules are sooo true!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally agreeing with the cookie rules!! lol
    Loving your smash book and so pleased you're going to sell your wonderful notebooks on Etsy.
    Hoping tomorrow really is your final, final visit to the dentist.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously? The dentist? Again?! I'm so sorry!!!! Your work is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like the idea behind the first cookie being calorie free!!!
    sorry to hear about the dentist....you two are going to be great friends before the year's out!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your book is fantastic!!
    Love the no calorie rules...so sensible. No more dentist wishes will be granted by the Christmas Fairy , I should think!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh soooooo lovely!
    Doing the "happy dance". Really like your smash book.
    Thank you so ever much, for my "artful" surprises in the mail... so sweet! Love it all. *hugs*
    Happy Thursday :]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your smash book and the detail on the pockets. I certainly hope that is your last visit to the dentist, it's been a long haul. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Narda's contribution today! Beautiful work on the smashbook, gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great to see these sneak peeks Valerie. Good luck with the shop. Loving the cookie philosophy....lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Valerie, Gorgeous books, I love the pictures and all the beautiful colour:0) Those dentists never know when enough is enough, poor you:{ I had to laugh at Narda's cookie rules, LOL funny, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your book is looking great but mostly I had to write to let you know how much I appreciate the cookie calorie counter - I can't wait to share it with my cookie monster friends!
    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oboy, that means I can eat all the cookies I want. Pass them on down!Yay!! Your book is coming along just beautiful. Love the look of it. I like your blog background, very nice. Hopefully no more dentist till next year. Enjoy the holidays Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your book is looking gorgeous. Good luck with your Etsy shop.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your work is coming along nicely and I will live by ALL of the cookie rules this holiday season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sure hope thats your last trip to the dentist! no fun at all.
    Great book Valerie. I need to make one soon.
    I like you no calorie cookies ideas! too funny!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  25. I must have the dodgy cookies as mine are definitely full of calories !!. Beautiful work as usual. Great to be part of the journey . Good luck with the Etsy shop you will be a roaring success I am sure.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Guilt free cookies!

    Hooray!

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.