Thursday 29 December 2011

The Same but Different....

Yesterday I made some tags to enter into a few challenges. The theme over at *Take a word* is print this week, and this was my inspiration for the tags I made. They have all been made with the same combination of a *sandwich-man* stamp from Scrollswork, and TH's umbrella man. I used tags cut from waste cardboard, which I covered with paper from an old book. After distressing the background, I stamped the motive, and added the umbrella-man, twice as a die-cut, using old book covers, and once sponged with ink using the *waste*. Although each tag is basically the same, the look has been changed each time by using different colours and positioning of the images, and different *accessories*. I am also entering the tags into the challenges at the *Craft Room*, and at * Everybody Art* and at *Sunday Stampers* where *anything goes* is on.





I started some new journal pages, too, but they are only half finished just now.
Thanks to all who left me nice messages yesterday, it did me good to see that other people care. I still feel very down, but am trying to give myself a kick in the butt to get back into my routine again, and hope that it will help.

And before I close, another joke from Narda:

An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Latvian, a Turk, a German, an Indian, several Americans (including a Southerner, a New Englander, and a Californian) an Argentine, a Dane, an Australian, a Slovakian, an Egyptian, a Japanese, a Moroccan, a Frenchman, a New Zealander, a Spaniard, a Russian, a Guatemalan, a Colombian, a Pakistani, a Malaysian, a Croatian, a Uzbek, a Cypriot, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a Chinese, a Sri Lankan, a Lebanese, a Cayman Islander, a Ugandan, a Vietnamese, a Korean, a Uruguayan, a Czech, an Icelander, a Mexican, a Finn, a Honduran, a Panamanian, an Andorran, an Israeli, a Venezuelan, a Fijian, a Peruvian, an Estonian, a Brazilian, a Portuguese, a Liechtensteiner, a Mongolian, a Hungarian, a Canadian, a Moldovan, a Haitian, a Norfolk Islander, a Macedonian, a Bolivian, a Cook Islander, a Tajikistani, a Samoan, an Armenian, an Aruban, an Albanian, a Greenlander, a Micronesian, a Virgin Islander, a Georgian, a Bahaman, a Belarusian, a Cuban, a Tongan, a Cambodian, a Qatari, an Azerbaijani, a Romanian, a Chilean, a Kyrgyzstani, a Jamaican, a Filipino, a Ukrainian, a Dutchman, an Ecuadorian, a Costa Rican, a Swede, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Swiss, a Greek, a Belgian, a Singaporean, an Italian, a Norwegian and 47 Africans all from different African countries all walk into a fine restaurant...
The maître scrutinizes the group one by one, and bars their entrance saying, "Sorry, you can't come in here without a Thai."


Have a good day you all, take care, and thanks for visiting!

30 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you were able to create -- love the tags. It always fascinates me what you can do with the same things in different ways. Good one, Valerie. Take gentle care of yourself ... thinking of you. Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tags today. Hope you feel better!? Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Valerie, Love these two men together. Glad you're feeling a wee bit better today and hope your butt's not too sore! lol! I've been so lethargic the last couple of days, I'm determined to get back into a normal routine today. Might even do some tidying up! Have a good day. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tags are great Val just my sort of tag. Glad you're getting over the Christmas blues too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL... that is a funny joke, made me lol! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper again... loving all your crafty creations... fabulous! Hoping that things are getting easier now Xmas is out of the way... thinkin of you... hugs Hels x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, the sandwich man goes great with TH umbrella man! Interesting how the same can be so different :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a good one lol
    Great tags love the use of the two men
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am LOVING these tags- so cleverly done! I think they're my new favorites of your work!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    P.S. I'm glad to see you're feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!! Oh my gosh, love the joke, bringing me my first smile of the day!!! Hope you're smiling today too! I know I was a little down yesterday, hating to hear some people ripping down their Christmas decorations already, and then company I was expecting couldn't come after all... My daughter is away for only a couple of days, and I already miss her!!.. And THEN I was buried in housework!!! YUCK! (0; So I'm just trying to pick myself up for a better day today, remembering Christmas isn't over yet in THIS house, till I SAY SO!! Make a deal, I'll have a good day if YOU do too! Looking forward to seeing your journal pages if and when you show them! ((hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the joke!!

    I've been thinking about you Valerie. I hope that once you can get back into a routine you feel brighter. This time of year is a bit of a slog.

    Great tags, just shows how you can achieve a very different look with the same basics, just arranged differently and using different colours.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those two stamps were meant to be together.
    Really like all of them.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the joke, LOVE THE ART! Wonderful tags. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'morning my friend! Love your tags..clever you! Good joke, made me smile.

    So dare I say..Christmas is over done! I work hard most years to not be too depressed for the month before. I love the week after!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you feel more yourself soon x loving the tags, love how you make them differnt even though you have used the same images. x I hope you have a good new year x

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL fun joke thank you. Hope you are doing better today happiness wise. Love your sandwich technique these tags are Fab! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tags, a super combination of the stamps. Glad today was a bit better for you.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool tags! I love how you both of those dudes! Take care and feel better and hopefully "2012" will be so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous tags - I love how you've used the two guys as they look perfect together. Glad you are feeling a little better. Good luck, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you're feeling better! Loving the new tags...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The tags are beautiful!
    Just remember,Valerie... art does heal. <3
    Take care *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous tags Valerie. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous tags ! Love the umbrella man and how you have used him and that blue ink is fabulous really makes him stand out. That joke just cracked me up .

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. These tags are just fab, couldn't choose a fav , thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, debi x ps your joke made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh how wonderful! so great to find you on here. i am a professional textile/mixed media artist from the uk! check out my current giveaway if you have time its one of my mixed media canvasses. jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous tags! Thank you for joining us at Craft-room challenge. Good luck and Happy New year.
    Hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi - I really like these tags, especially the perspective you've created between the two men..Hope you're feeling better, this time of year is a funny one, I think we all have a moment or two..Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Wishing you a Happy New Year...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.