Friday 25 February 2011

Striped Easel card

This card has been made for the *Simon Says stamp and show some stripes* Challenge.

This week I have been busy with lots of messy things, which I hugely enjoyed, BUT……wait for it………… - when I came home yesterday I needed to clear up a bit because my neighbour was coming here for a drink and a chat yesterday evening. This meant using my precious time putting things away, scraping blobs of paint off the kitchen, unsticking foam pads from the floor boards etc. Can anyone tell me why those little foam pads, which refuse to stick to paper or tin, decide to stick for all eternity once they touch my nice, shiny wooden floor? Or why does a brad or eyelet that has fallen down, hide itself till you walk across the room bare foot in the middle of the night?
Ooops, that was another digression. OK, did some dreaded H*******k for half an hour, and decided to make a card and not too much mess.
First problem – stripes! I don’t really like stripes, so had to hunt for the few striped papers I knew I had hidden somewhere. Much to my surprise, I discovered them in the bottomless pit – the hall closet – in the paper rack. Just where they should have been. I made an easel card again, using some hand made papers in lilac and purple, which I stamped and distressed and folded to look like an old letter and envelope. The little piece of coloured paper in between is part of some background paper I created recently using inks, salt, sprays and perfect pearls. Great fun and sooooo nice and messy! Added a few embellies and some paper lace, and it was finished. I think it hasn’t turned out too badly.


Thanks for looking, and have a great weekend, I’ll be back tomorrow with some more Saturday freebies.

14 comments:

  1. Love this card, very pretty colours! Hugs Sarah
    PS Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the stripe in the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours, it feels so much like Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely spring like colours, well done! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours Val and great embellies.
    Hugs. Have a great weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done, Valerie! How was the visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card again. Have a great weekend, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card val, well done....

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty colours here Valerie, love your homemade paper. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the nice comments, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice.... I love all the color and texture. I laughed when I read about your antics, I agree that stripes are not my favorite and I had to dig, but had a lot of fun with my creation too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bwahahaha.....LOVE your digressions...you tell the truth now girl!! BTW your card turned out JUST FABULOUS!!

    thanks for playin' with the teamies at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Valerie, your hall closet sounds like a magical place where just about any craft item can be found just when needed, lol. It puts me in mind of the costume shop in Mr Benn, he he. Really love your card, very beautiful. CoB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.