Tuesday 8 February 2011

Bella Creations Challenges - a Tag & 2 Bookmarks





Yesterday was a really good day. The sun shone all day, the birds were singing, I was able to visit a friend who has a real cutie of a new dog, and I even found a parking space when I came home. But the best is yet to come. No housework. No visitors. Just crafting to my heart's content, listening to music and reading. And a never ending supply of coffee and a box of ginger biscuits, a yummy day in all respects.
The tag has been made for the Feruary *Bella Muse* Challenge over on *Bella Creations*
I used a manila tag, and distressed it with my fave TH inks combi - stormy sky, tumbled glass, Victorian Velvet, wild honey and forest moss. Then I used a text stamp over the background, also in forest moss. I could have really saved this step this time, as there is sooooo much on the tag that you can hardly see the background anyway! Then I added some rose rub ons and the leopard. The image - from Bella - has been torn, inked and set in half a lace doiley, which I folded together to make a background. The hearts and wings have been cut from some pink patterned paper, which I stuck onto some waste cardboard from a box, and glazed with sparkly mod-podge before die-cutting it. Then I added two scraps with roses, and that was it. I like the way it has turned out this time!





For the bookmarks we had to use the rabbit image supplied by Gecko Galz. The first one has been made from a large manila tag, distressed again in my fave colours and text stamped. Then I overstamped it with the leopard and some ranking leaves using archival black, which was then clear embossed. Then I added the floral rub ons and the cut out rabbit, after inking the edges. I used one floral scrap on top of the other flowers to give more depth without being bulky. I threaded some pearls onto a brown silk cordel to make the hanger for the top of the bookmark. That was it!



For the second bookmark I used a white card, which I distressed as before. The colours look lighter because the background is white. I stamped it with the trees and birds - from Lavina Stamps - using archival black and forest green, both clear embossed. The little flowers have been drawn by hand, and the rabbit has taken his place ready to conjure spring out of his hat - I hope!

It was all great fun to make. Thanks for looking and have a great day, whatever you are up to!

PS - Don't want to forget this! I was chosen again as a Ginger Gem for my entry into the GC86 *Coffee Filter* challenge - woooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!!

13 comments:

  1. Ooh! Lovely Val. The tag is gorgeous and that rabbit is so cute on the bookmarks.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx
    p.s. yesterday sounds like a perfect day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Val - you were busy! Glad you had such a lovely day! Hugs, Sarah & Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, all around! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Valerie! That tag has so much beauty to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tags Val, love those rabbits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All fab craftings Valerie and congratulations again. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the nice comments, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all gorgeous! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vali! Ich hab' Dich gefunden, schööööööööön!
    LG Andi

    ReplyDelete
  10. both lovely val, well done..

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the friendly comments, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag and bookmarks Val, although I can't help thinking that it would be a shame to hide the bookmarks within the pages of a book!

    Hugs - Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab bookmarks and tag, Valerie, and I bet you were very happy at home and creating. I am glad you did stamp the text on the tag, I love to see things poking out from behind the main images, adds so much interest and lovely when you notice them. CoB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.