Sunday 20 February 2011

Simon Says "Stamp and show a Tag*

Heeeeelp! Just realised it is not Saturday evening but SUNDAY, and that time is running out for the *Simon Says* Challenge which is due not tomorrow, as I thought, but tonight, so I am having to do a night shift to get it posted. Where did the weekend disappear?
Anyway, here is my tag. I used torchon watercolour paper to cut the tag, which I distressed with antique linen and brushed corduroi. The script has been stamped with the same colour. Then the scrolls and flowers in the next layer were stamped with Adirondack *Espresso*. Over that I added the third layer - a vintage image, an acrylic floral flourish, some TH die cuts, paper roses and a heart which I made in a mold using candle left overs. I coloured it with inka gold and Stazon *timber brown*. I tried to create the effect of depth although I kept to the colours brown and cream. It was fun to make, as always!


Thanks for looking, and have a great day!!

14 comments:

  1. Really beautiful! Hugs, T. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, worth putting in a night-shift for, Valerie! Good job you love what you do, eh? I think you achieved the sense of depth as well, the layers all work together. I love that you explain how you made your projects....somehow that makes me appreciate them more when I can see what work went into them. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  3. How VERY pretty!!!
    Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much detail Val - it's beautiful. xx Love the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this and gorgeous colours! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so sweet! I love the images you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. G O R G E O U S tag, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Val, another lovely tag! Have a good week, hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. another lovely tag val, well done on doing the night shift to do it, lol...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag Valerie, loving all the layers. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. STUNNING! Thank you for taking part in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.