Tuesday 1 February 2011

GC86: Spicy Supply - Coffee Filters



GC86: Spicy Supply - Coffee Filters

For ths challenge we had to use coffee filters to make something. I got given some by a friend, who had bought the wrong size for her machine, and cut out some flowers using the TH *Tattered Florals* die. At first they looked very floppy and uninteresting, but after they had been sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in terracotta, sprinkled with some embossing powder and heat dried, they stiffened up and twisted about and looked much better. Then I inked all the edges with a purple ink, stuck some layers together, added a centre of Prima pearls and really liked the result. IT's good to try out new things, even if you think at first that it's not so good! The tag has been made from a cardboard box, which has been partly peeled,clear inked and embossed with gold, bronze and silver powders, and highlighted with perfect pearls in pink and blue which have also been heat set. The lovely shimmer doesn't show up well on the photo. Added an image from LaBlanche, and a few other FAMT (flying about my table) bits and bobs, and that was it. I think I will have another go at playing with coffee filters this week if I have time!
Thanks for looking, and have a good day!

27 comments:

  1. Ooh that is a gorgeous tag Val. Love it.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx
    p.s. I have some filters (our present machine doesn't need them) so may give this a go. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are beautiful! I love the whole pocket and doily thing too! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, Valerie, who would have thought something like this could be made from coffee filters? I bet there is nothing you cannot make use of. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh wow thats so beautiful my friend such glorious colour too.
    I also just wanted to let you know i have a shabby chic freebie collage sheet for today only then it will be gone. please pop by if you would like it.
    Have a lovely day
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with the coffee filter!!!!Very goog job Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful tag and colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Val, this is simply gorgeous, just love it! I've sent you a little parcel with some crafting goodies, hope it gets to you soon! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what a fab idea val, will have to give this one ago, (will add it to me list, not sure if this year or next, lol)...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Ladies! Sarah, will let you know when the goodies come! Maria, ....or the one after that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Valerie its totally stunning, x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your piece is gorgeous! Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible tag! Amazing looking flowers! Thanks for taking the Gingersnap Creations challenge! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's taken me too long to get over here! I am loving every single project! What a treat to see all of what you are doing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Again some awesome creation, my dear! The idea of using coffee filter paper did not really appear to me but seeing what amazing effects you created I'm tempted to try it myself - amd that means a lot because I am the most boring scrapper on the planet, I believe.

    You did great - as always. Thanks for sharing your art and inspiration.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for all your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Valerie
    I just discovered your blog and couldn't resist to write a short comment.
    I've browsed a while through your posts and I've found it very enjoyable.
    ( Just felt the need to say this :)

    Thanks kindly for sharing your images and photos It was very inspiring to see.

    Greetings Rian from the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How did I miss this post? This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I really love this one! One of my favorites of yours! I posted my coffee filter challenge today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The touch of purple ink on the edges of the bloom really adds to the floral design ... and the tip about "crisping" them dry is wonderful too ... this wonderful creation is certainly candy for the eye ... thanks for joining our Spicy Supply Challenge at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, that is beautiful.

    Carole Miller

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the vintage feel to your tag and all the colours work so well

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful work of art! I appreciate every detail ... just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.