Monday, 7 February 2011
For this challenge over at Gingersnaps I cut 2 coordinating papers with the template, die cut some lace, and sandwiched the two papers back-to-back with the lace in between so that the edges were neat. The lace and paper edges have been inked with *Victorian Velvet*. Then I cut some *pages* from a watercolour block, inked the edges to match, and tied them together with pink ribbon, before fitting 4 pages into each inside crease of the tea bag. The first page has been *love* stamped and the rest left blank for notes. Used 2 tiny pieces of velcro as a clasp. Added some floral rub-ons on the front and back, and then died some prima flowers to match, layered them to make one flower and added a gem as a centre piece. That was it.
I will do this one again with different papers to try to make a masculine one.
The tag has been made for the Gingersnaps Yahoo group recipe challenge. The ingredients were 1 crown, 1 red, 1 sparkle. The tag has been cut from a biscuit box, distressed with antique linen and stamped with a text in the same colour. Then I stamped the head with archival ink which I clear embossed, used a TH texture fade folder to emboss the crown, using the same biscuit box but with the gold side outside this time. I swiped the crown with black archival again and stuck on some jewels as befitting a crown. Then I added a red ribbon with a glitter flower in the middle, and the tag was finished.
It was, as always, fun to make, especially as I had a visitor over the weekend and 2 days of no-crafting, so definately had withdrawal symptoms yesterday evening!
Thanks for looking and have a great day!