Wednesday 2 February 2011

GC86 - Spicy Supply: Coffee Filters, Take 2


Yesterday evening I made a second tag with the remains of the coffee filter flowers I had die cut the day before. Used all my *Glimmer Mist' remains to do this one, as the bottles were nearly all empty, and the result was this lovely grungy purple-blue colour. Sprinkled it all with gold embossing powder before heat drying and *crisping* the flowers up. The edges have been inked and curled a bit, too. The cardboard box tag has also been sprayed, embossed and then re-embossed with perfect pearly to give it some shine. I used some rub ons to put the roses and tiger onto the background, added a vintage child with wings picture, and the tattered flower and wings, with a metallic doiley as background. Used a gem stone, some pearls and a bit of stickles for the finishing touches, and that was it. It was, as always, great fun to make! And I did some clearing up yesterday!
Thanks for looking and have a good day!

18 comments:

  1. Love this tag again, well done! Sarah & Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val - this is absolutely gorgeous (I always seem to leave the same comment - but sooo true!). Wish I had a fraction of your creative imagination.

    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you never cease to amaze me. This is simply gorgeous
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Valerie -it never ceases to amaze me the wide range of images you can put into one project yet nothing looks random or out of place, everything works together very happily. Lovely coffee filter flower, such a deep beautiful shade. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Val - and my favourite colours again too! Like Gill I wish I had your creativity.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx
    p.s. well done on the clearing up - whatever it is! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful as is your previous one. I love the way all the layers come together so well.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely wonderful! You did an amazing job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this one, Val! Great flower and style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both your new tags Val, I agree with all that's been said, so together but individual if you know what I mean. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work, Hugs, Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. another lovely tag val, gorgeous colour flower...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific creation again Valerie. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for all your kind comments

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there Val, this is lovely. Whoda thunk to use coffee filters in art.....Gingersnappers of course. LOL
    Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fabulous layers ... I love the "leftover" color combination of your glimmer mists ... and adding embossing powder before trying produced such a great effect ... thanks for joining our Spicy Supply Challenge at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.