Wednesday 9 February 2011

A new LO







I made this LO yesterday for a challenge over on *Bella Creations*. We had to use the colours pink, cream and turquoise, ribbon or lace, flowers, pearls etc. I chose a photo of my Great Auntie Fanny, taken in 1918. I cut the photo with an oval Sizzix die. The background paper is from the Prima *Sasha Collection*, as this had all the required colours. I stamped the right side several times with my text stamp in *Victorian velvet*, and then used my large rose stamp on the right side and lower edge, using the same colour, which has been lightly embossed. I just wanted the flowers and text to show as a sort of shadow. Then I played with all the bits and bobs till I liked the arrangements. The photo has been placed on a lace doily and a square *daisy doily* (Sizzix) and framed with flowers, some rub-ons, a vintage rose image and some layered flowers partly die cut and combined with some Prima ones which have been dyed to coordinate. Then I added a few pearls, a quote and a bird, and it was finished. It was great fun to make, and I have another page for ny ever growing family scrapbook.
Thanks for looking, thanks to all those who take time to leave a comment, and have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and so romantic. I love the vintage feel.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Sue, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Val, love the photo of your Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab LO Val very romantic I have the oval die but have yet to use I love the way you have used it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and romantic lay out, your Aunt is a beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to come home to all these lovely comments - thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work again, Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely layout Val, love the vintage feel to it - so pretty!

    Hugs - Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous LO, Valerie, and it's a lovely photo that you used. Everyone looks so beautiful or handsome in those old photos, I always think. The subtle flowers and text are perfect in the background, as you say shadowy. CoB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.