Friday 4 February 2011

GC88 - Coffee and Cream




For this challenge we had to use a coffee and cream colour scheme, a lovely combination, as I like everything in these colours which remind me of my fave beverage!
I used a large, square card in cream, which has been inked with antique linen distress ink and Adirondack *espresso*. Printed the image onto a square of cream coloured cardstock, also inked with the same colours. The background has been stamped first with a text in *espresso*, and then I added some small flowers in the corners. The image - from LaBlanche- has been matted onto brown cardstock. The wings and crown have been cut from a scrap of patterned paper in coordinating colours and fixed with foam pads. *Cherish* has been die cut using a *Bosskut* die.
Inside, I masked a scrap of cream cardstock with the *waste* from a cut-out heart and stamped it with my love stamp before matting it onto brown again. The sentiment is from *lavinia* stamps.



And this picture is of the coffee table which took up so much of my time and strength yesterday. 9 wooden pieces, 64 different screws, 20 rawl plugs,3 hinges, a handle, 2 metal tubes and 5 little rollers accompanied by another 20 screws had to be tackled till the table was finished. It is a modern one, to make a contrast to my mostly antique furniture, as I just need something new right now - and it has a big storage draw where I can put in all the crafty bits and bobs that I like to use when I am finishing things off while watching TV - now I can just throw them into the drawer, and everything will be tidy again! Well, that's the intention. Isn't there a saying about good intentions and which path they pave??

And the Rollodex on the left of the table is one I altered 2 years back, each card has been scrapped, mostly by me, some from friends, and it is a treasury or memories of nice papers used in other projects and sayings on all themes.

Have a good day you all, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Val - that colour combo is delicious.
    And well done on the coffee table - the draweris a great idea! :)
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue!! Drawers are always a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so many talents, Valerie! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val, always something very restful about coffee & cream colours, love how you've used them in this latest creation. I can see how you like to be reminded of your fave drink, lol. The new table is great and that drawer will be very useful, you can't have enough drawers I say. The Roladex is a wonderful idea, must be lovely to flip through that and see lots of fabulous papers and great sayings. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely coffee and cream card Val. Your table looks so nice and I love the rolodex, great idea. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your card Val loving the colours and what a great coffee table like the drawer in it some place to hide all the bit and bobs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the nice comments, Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and love your new table, let's see how long it all stays tidy! Hugs, Sarah & Kids

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning card my friend and i love your new coffee table too
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  10. cannot keep up with your crafting val, love the combination of colours and fab tables..

    amria xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Coffee and Cream challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific card Val, thank you for playing Coffee and Cream with Gingersnaps. Annette x
    PS Love the new table

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all your kind comments, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really beautiful Val, just love the wings addition and gorgeous layout.
    Fliss x
    PS: That table looks as it it will come in really handy - think I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card!! Love the quote on the bottom, it's so very true!! Great job on your coffee table you put together!! Love the rollodex idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful card, Val--I really like the sentiment, too!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.