Thursday 3 February 2011

The King....GC89 - Kings and Queens



This is my first attempt at getting majestic, for which I chose a lion, the king of beasts. The lion and window stamp is from LaBlanche. The tag has first been stamped with a diamond pattern in gold. Then I stamped the lion and window over it in black archival ink. I stamped the image again on a piece of scrap card, and cut out just the lion and window. I applied two layers of floral rub ons on the left of the tag to create the illusion of depth. Then I decoupaged the lion cut out and stuck it over the stamped background image. I added a crown brad. The brad was silver, but I painted it with my gold leaf pen, and added some *diamonds*. I used liquid pearls to add some texture to the masonry and eye. Put a scrap of braid at the bottom, and added a vintage, sparkly rose, and a piece of an old necklace at the top. Oh, and some mesh for the windows. I kept the colours a bit subdued this time, I like the *stony* air of the tag.
It made a nice break yesterday to make the tag after clearing up all day as I am expecting some new furniture. My flat hasn't been so tidy in years, let's see how long it lasts! I can actually sit at my desk again! And if you don't think it's really tidy - well, lucky you didn't see it before!




Thanks for looking and have a nice day!

16 comments:

  1. Great take on the Gingersnap Creations Kings and Queens Challenge! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag and I think I never saw your desk soooooooooo tidy! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous finished piece, Valerie!

    ps tidy lookin space you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies, I just hope I find all the things I cleared off my desk again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag! Love the images you used! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love this, the bit of necklace and the window mesh are fabulous! Nice when the place is tidy, but it's hard to find everything, lol. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific take on the Kings and Queens challenge Valerie. Thank you for playing at Gingersnaps. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, I love the paper pieced roses too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work again, Val, this tag is really different, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely tag val, and well done on your tidying...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the nice comments Ladies. Maria, we will see how long it stays tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this arch. Lion looks amazing

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love our King - so majestic and gorgeous colours for your tag

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh very pretty - love lions - very inspiring - and yes what A TIDY DESK!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It IS majestic--lovely piece!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.