Tuesday 30 December 2014

Collage, birds, snow, cards and presents.

Hi Everybody!

I worke up this morning to a white, snowy world. There wasn't too much snow, 
but enough to enjoy crunching through it on my walks. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?
Yesterday I asked who knew what I had photographed for my 'stained-glass' collage, and three people got the answer right -  Chrissie, Ulrike and Joanna - it was the ice on puddles.

For Art Journal Journey I have another collage for my giant journal. The background was painted with black gesso. I added paper scraps, some fabric patterns from an ancient Sears and Roebuck catalogue, some washi tape and birds. The birds are collaged, too. I collaged and gessoed a piece of paper with printed and written scraps, and then cut /punched the birds from it,;the little flower, too. The alphas were also leftovers from other projects. I think it's reminiscent of the scenes on my balcony every morning!
I will show my tag for Tag Tuesday tomorrow so this post does not get even longer!






I want to take the opportunity to say 'thank you to those who sent me cards and presents for my birthday and Christmas. The first collage here shows the contents of the wonderful parcel from Chrissie.
The tidy with the owl will be hung next to my crafting table. I loved the idea of the hands of friendship, and the other lovely projects she made. The hand-knitted Santa has already made friends with my reindeer and bears. Both of the cards are beautiful, as is the white on white hanger, which is now in my bedroom. The Dalí oil pastels are metallic, and have such a lovely sheen! Thanks a lot Chrissie!


Here are more cards and presents. Thanks to all the lovely ladies who made these wonderful cards!

The hearts came from Yvonne, and the Brushos and a little tower of Pan pastels from Sue the Iron.
Second row: Suze (who also sent chocolate and Horlicks which unfortunately didn't survive till the photo appointment) Yvonne, Sue the Iron.
Third row: Yvonne, Diane, Rita.
Bottom row: Lonetta, Diane, Suze, Carolyn and Yvonne. Thanks everybody, I very much appreciated all your works of art and the lovely presents!

I will show more tomorrow!


The day started off frosty:




The birds were hungry:




The winter sky was very impressive.


Have a great day you all, take care,
and thanks a lot for coming by!

21 comments:

  1. wonderful collage, and thoughtful gifts. It does look frosty outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collage Valerie and wonderful that you included the birds on it

    Really lovely photographs of the snow and your feathered friends. It looks like we have snow but it is just frost and ice really which is covering everything outside.

    I was so pleased when the parcel eventually arrived-sorry it missed your birthday

    Have a great day today

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! So happy for you that you got so many gorgeous cards and presents, have fun! And your project with the birds is great! Love the photos, and of course I can imagine you crunching through the snow on your walks! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Das ist ja wieder eine super Collage- ich arbeite viel zu wenig mit schwarzem Gesso.
    Deine Fotos sind auch klasse und deine geforderten Freunde jetzt Sucher noch dankbarer für deine Futtergaben.
    Ganz liebe nachträgliche Geburtstagswünsche für dich- ich wußte gar nicht, das du auch im Dezember hast :-) Du hast wirklich tolle Post bekommen. Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Tag, liebe Grüße, Dagmar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely birdie collage Valerie, the paper scraps remind me of old fashioned wallpaper and your card and gift collage is fab. The first snow is always exciting, it's a bit milder here today, so no snowman building for us just yet. Lol! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw kids scraping the snow together for a snowman yesterday! Keep warm!

      Delete
  6. Your collage is gorgeous and love the image/stamp including the beautiful colours and design. As always your pics never cease to intrigue me.xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous collage Valerie, I love the bits of glitter you included! Looks like you received a boat-load of amazing cards and gifts, lucky gal! Love your blue sky photos, you can almost feel the chill in the air! Until tomorrow, big new years hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super birdie/patterned collage, it worked out really well.
    You're lucky to have snow, we had some frost then it disappeared overnight, it's not even very cold, a bit of a swizz. It's lovely to scrunch through the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our snow melted a bit overnight, but some of it is still there, other parts are just icy!

      Delete
    2. Your last photo here is a master-photo, I must have missed it the first time.

      Delete
  9. I love the birds in your first collage. I like that you cut them out of various papers and your placements are clever.
    What a great idea to make collages from pictures of gifts you received.
    Happy New Year and many blessings for 2015.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful collage, love the birds in it too. Lovely collage of gifts and cards too. Big hugs, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sehr schöne Kollage! Toll dieser Kontrast mit dem schwarzen Gesso ... und die Vögelchen sind sind so süß!
    Ein gutes, gesundes und kreatives neues Jahr für dich!!
    Liebe Grüße, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Die Collage ist wunderschön,süss die vögelchen darin.
    traumhafte bilder hast du gemacht.
    wünsch dir ein schönes glückliches neues jahr.

    GLG Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superb photo collages. You got some very beautiful and heart-warming gifts Valerie. People are so thoughtful.
    We haven't had any snow in our little corner, but we see it on the hills and mountains round about. We have had lots of frost tho' with some days not rising above -3 and even colder in the wind. I'm lucky I haven't had to venture out much. I'm happy to stay indoors.
    Stay warm won't you - ((hugs)) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good if you are happy to stay home, I need to keep moving and be outside whatever the weather.

      Delete
  14. I was drawn to this collage right away, the black just shouted everything else out. Winter cold is here, but no snow as of now. Fab work Valerie. xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your collage and the wonderful bird. Fantastic winter photos.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful collage! Funny how chocolates never make it into the photo shoot here either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.