Friday 28 November 2014

Black cats

Hi Everybody!

I hope all friends in the USA are enjoying Thanksgiving, and wish you all a wonderful weekend.

We had a cold, wet and windy here. The sun did try to look in on us a few times, but not with much success. I fed the birds on my balcony this morning, they were once again waiting for me to put their food out, and then I took some stale bread to feed the seagulls. They are very good at snapping the bits in the air before they fall down, it was fun watching them.

For Art Journal Journey I was inspired by 2 artists this time, Toulouse Lautrec, whose 150th birthday was celebrated this week, and Andy Warhol. I took Lautrec's black cat, and made a stencil from it, and then inked it with black acrylic paint over the painted rectangles. The 4 panels fit onto a page in my giant journal. I painted the 'halo' with gold gel-pen, and outlined the cats with the same. 






I used my Stencilry stencil to make this one, and then Warholed it at Tuxpi.



This morning it didn't look too bad, but after that it got cloudier and cloudier.



I found this stone hard puff-ball mushroom by the wayside. It looks like lots of insects have burrowed a way into it and are living there. I didn't look closer to see if any of them were still in there!


The magpie did not want to stand still to have his photo taken. Today the magpies, a jay and the woodpecker enjoyed themselves, as well as the little tits.


I love the name of this boat!


Have a great day you all, take care, 
and thanks a lot for coming by!

28 comments:

  1. Deine schwarze Katze gefällt mir super und auch Dein Digi Werk rockt!
    Tolle Fotos sind das wieder!

    Guten Morgen Valerie° Hab einen wunderschönen Tag ....
    AJJ sagt ♥ lichen Dank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your black cats, and how you have combined 2 artists again, really clever. Have a great day! Need to get everything here ready for the kids, they are all coming later! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that name too. Lovely art pieces for PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, at the moment I would like to escape, too!

      Delete
  4. Terrific artwork Valerie-a great fusion of the two artists.

    Even though it was dull you still found something of interest to show us--thank you

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great make! Love you scardy cats... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, wonderful tribute to Andy Warhol! Funny cat! Nice pictures of almost wintry atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Die schwarze Katze, so riesig in deinem großen ArtJournal sieht im Original sicher supergut aus! (Ich habe sie als Stempel)... und der Andy gefällt mir auch wieder sehr.
    Komm gut ins Wochenende - Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich hab den Stempel auch - irgendwo, muss mal suchen!

      Delete
  8. Love these black cats Valerie, I really like Lautrec's art. Wish I could escape to somewhere warm and sunny, it's raining cats and dogs here today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cat.I have a Toulouse Lautrec's Divan Japonais on my wall.
    The weather is here as grey as there.
    However, lets ejoy the weekend!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous pages, I love the cats.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea and love the results. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What do you get when you cross Toulouse Lautrec with Warhol? A short guy in a bad white wig.....no seriously....your cats have come out really nicely. I think they are so bright and cheery. It is snowing like mad here so I am staying in and checking out all the lovely peeps on PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one! Stay home and keep warm! I think T-L and AW would have liked each other!

      Delete
  13. I would love to see your large art journal - you are making some smashing copies and/or interpretations of some great painters.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic artwork this week. Love The colour changes in each one

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful black cats, love the gold outlining. Dull and wet here today,
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Finally got here Valerie! Absolutely stunning and striking artwork and love your photos too.
    Sounds like you've now got the weather we had earlier in the week - hope it clears up soon.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool cats. I like the halo. hugs & smiles, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cats are great and also love the second AW with the black background to the colourful rectangles. Fun and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marvelous expression on your cat. Jaunty whiskers. xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your black cats are amazing with the colourful backgrounds, love them :) Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving your black cats all warholed! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Valerie! I LOVE, love your work! The cats are divine and the Warhol stole my heart. Ooh, I wish I had that stencil! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.