Sunday 25 September 2011

Sunday Sketches and More Journal Pages

Today is Sunday, I overslept again -shame on me! And the sun is shining. Donna has been out of bed and dancing around, which is great news, and seems to be on the mend. WELL DONE DONNA! Today is Sunday, and that means it's time for Sunday Sketches over at Sophia's Blue Chair Diary. I have been doing more sketches this week for my *75 days, 75 sketches challenge*, so I am showing a few out of my collection. Wgen I first started, 75 sounded like an impossible hurdle, but now I have 25 finished, one third down! I have been carrying on sketching small things out of various drawers and shelves. The magpie has been sketched from a photo in a book, there are loads of them in the trees outside my windows, but do you think they are prepared to sit still for an hour while I sketch them?? The first one is a brush hidden in a pen, the second one a miscellany objects from my drawer, and the third a candle-snuffer.





And I have more journal pages to share; I have used different papers for the collage background, trying to use lots of different textures. I have used 2 photos of my husband as a little boy; one with *Heidi* his toy dog, when he was about 8 months old, and the other one taken about a year later.




And I made a card for a challenge at Splitcoaststampers. It's a challenge to use over the rainbow or the wizard of OZ. I made a hand painted rainbow, with different images swirling about - the scarecrow, and of course, the red shoes. I cut the rainbow out and put the end of it into a crock of gold. The rainbow opens up to a painted scene, into which I have placed a holiday pictures from Crafty Secrets. The gold frame is from LaBlanche. I have written the text of the song onto the reverse of the rainbow.



So, I think that was enough for today. Have a good day you all, Donna enjoy having the OP over, take care of yourselves, and thanks for dropping by.

24 comments:

  1. Morning Valerie, your sketches are fabulous. Love the textured white journal pages and the Wizard of Oz card - those shoes are fab! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Valerie. Thank you for all the cudos! You are such a lovely lady. I'm in love with your entire post today. Such great sketches .. love the cross hatching. Your journal pages with the white on white theme and all the texture -- wow. AND, the Over the Rainbow/Oz Card -- beautiful. What a great imagination. Hope your dental appointment goes well .. sending love and hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val, lovely journal pages and sketches, you have been really busy.
    But if you are oversleeping it's a sign that you are tired, so take the hint! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. A power of art created by you.
    The sketches are remarkable and as for the Journal pages I love the colours you worked with.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Valerie. Wonderful sketches. Lovely creative post.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like the sketches out of your drawers and shelves! Happy Sunday Sketches Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning.
    your pen and ink work is so well done. I would say you are very lucky to have all those birds right outside your window!
    I like the rainbow, too!
    hope you enjoy your sunday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Valerie. Your sketches are wonderful as is the rest of your work.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovin' your ink sketches...beautifully done! Happy SS! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous sketches and journal pages Val, really lovely! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Valerie, love your journal pages they are so original and beautiful and your sketches are great. your beautiful card and over the rainbow are also lovely
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome ink sketches! Way to go on your way to completing 75.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, way to go, but I'll get there in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your really enjoying the sketching Valerie :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Valerie, love those sketches you are so talented!
    TFS
    hugs Alyson x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful journal pages!! Like the textures on the first set!
    hugs,
    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good afternoon! As always, loving the detail in your sketches. Impressive and wish I could sketch like this. Keep up the great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Once again, you have shared your amazing work with us, fabulous pieces. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all your work today Val. The sketches just keep getting better!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful pieces Valerie, I love your sketches x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gasp! These neutral journal pages full of texture and elegant simplicity are just Stunning!! I love the pictures of your husband too - and the pages in the post below are equally beautiful!!!
    AND it addition to that, I am loving all the detail you put into your 75 sketches - I love that first pen with the brush. Really beautiful!
    Thank you too for your sweet comment, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful journal pages Valerie. It's not bad to oversleep sometimes as long as you don't have to go to work. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful bird, love the textured pages too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Valerie I am always so inspired when I see what you are working on...if I was a sprite I would live in your blog and just soak it all up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.