Thursday 15 September 2011

Play-Time

Hi everybody, hope you are all well and fit. We had a chilly night here, and it is still really nippy this morning. My visit to the dentist wasn't tooooooooooooooo bad yesterday, the next appointment is in 10 days, so I have time to recover before then!

I was back home early, so had plenty of *play-time*. I did some more painting on my little chest of drawers, and I think it is slowly getting done. If I had known how long it would take to paint it I wouldn't have started, but after 4 coats of paint It seems to be all-white. Now I can do the other bits and bobs.

I also managed my journal pages, and 2 tags. The first tag is for the *Three Muses* autumn challenge, the second one came into being while fiddling about with all the odds and ends littering my table, and believe me, there were enough to choose from. Now I have half of my working space cleared, which is a lot for me. The Three muses tag has been distressed with wild honey and forest moss, and then stamped with leaves (Lavinia Stamps) The leaf is made up of three stamps, so you can use a different colour for each lyer to give a real autumn look. The sentiment has been computer generated and printed onto a transparency. I have hidden a little witch among the leaves and toadstools; Halloween is coming nearer.


And this is the *Remains of the Day Week* Tag:


In the journal pages I have used a poem I wrote 2 years ago, about scrapping - what else? The stamps I used were also ones which were flying about on the table before I cleared up, and I made some outline drawings of other things - pencils, scissors, ruler etc. The strange assortment of scraps were all - you've guessed it! picked off my table, but I think they are a part of every scrapper's life.




So, I think that was enough for today. Hope you all have a great day, take care, and thanks for visiting!

26 comments:

  1. morning val, we have a sunny but cold morning here too... love your tags, espceially the first one, love the colours and the stamps...

    well done in keeping up with your journal, take care..

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val, looks like you were busy again. Hope the dentist wasn't too bad! Love your tags and journal pages! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your autumn tag is a wow Valerie full of colour and sunshine :)
    You sound like you really are going through it at the dentist poor you :(
    Take care Von x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you get all your energy from to create all these wonderful pieces (think I'll have to start drinking coffee!). Tags are fabulous, especially those autumn leaves and great scrappy pages, we'll be singing all day. Have a good one. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Autumn tag Valerie and very creative use of the "scraps" on your work desk. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Valerie. I'm asking the same question as Suze. Where do you find the energy? Really looking forward to seeing the chest of drawers. Beautiful tags and the journal pages are just fab!
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about big projects Valerie, i am just the same, much prefer smaller projects.
    Hope the next dentists visit is a good one too.
    love your beautiful autumnal tags and love your gorgeous journal pages too
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, Valerie. You have had some fun. Your tags are spendifilious -- love the colours, textures, content, etc. which you are now famous for. The line drawings in the journal are very clever and I like the way you have cut the poem in strips to present it. Makes for a very attractive journal page. Enjoy your day ... hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous autumn tags, Valerie! I love the journal pages too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really gorgeous creations Valerie and I adore the first tag. Those leaves are stunning and I love the little toadstools.
    It was very nippy here first thing too as we had a clear sky last night but it's now the most glorious warm day - hope you have one too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, does your talent know NO limits?! I don't think so! LOVED the tags, your journal pages, AND YOUR POEM!! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's a fantastic poem about your hobby, you are so multi-talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Valerie
    As much as I think the tags are wonderful it is your Journal pages that jump out at me.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tags are beautiful!!! And those journal pages are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. goodmorning, you have been so busy,, such beautiful work and a lovely peom as well, i love the tags,, I wish I had your talent for creating such beautiful things, you have a wonderful creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your really getting into journaling and I love that about you ;0) and those tags are just yum! Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Val!!
    LOVE your journal pages and those tags are totally beautiful!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. First off, I am so glad your visit with your denist was not toooooo bad! The journal pages are fabulous! Love how you layered the leaves on your tags and of course your backgrounds are gorgeous! Where do you find the time??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tags are simply beautiful! And your journal is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your tags are amazing. Love the autumn colors.. and your journal looks like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunnning visual art all around and the beautiful Autumn tags are ripe with color- love them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your autumn tags and journal pages. Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Three Muses!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it, Valerie!
    I can feel Autumn coming on, great tags :]
    The colors are wonderful.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love your poem Val and your journalling especially your drawings. I love your tags too. Hope the dentist was ok, it's my turn on Monday!!It's fine rain in Middle England but we need it soooo much! Have a good Friday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your autumn tag is beautiful and love the little twist of adding the witch.

    Love your journal pages too and the scrappers song, it's so true! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.