Brrrr, its a chilly morning here again, and yesterday evening I sat here wrapped in a blanket as it was so cold. But the weather prophets have said it should get a tad warmer this week, so I sure hope they are right. We had nearly no summer, and if they take away autumn and throw us directly into winter, I will protest!
Today I have my journal pages to share with you. The pages have been painted with white gesso mixed with a touch of black to give grey. Well, you probably wouldn't have known that if I hadn't said it, would you? I found the pictures of Pisa's famous leaning tower in one of the prospects I was recently cutting up, and decided to use them. I was only in Pisa once, and it was a day when it was raining cats and dogs without stopping, and so grey is firmly anchored in my mind with Pisa. And I have also used a photo of the Gehry Buildings in the Harbour here in Düsseldorf, built by the Canadian Architect Frank Gehry, who specialises in unusual shapes and angles in his work. You have to look twice when you first see them, as they are leaning as much as the ones in Pisa,but FG does it intentionally. I don't think I am a great fan of his work, I much prefer ancient buildings, but his stuff is all very eye catching and worth looking at. And I put a quote from Paul Verlaine on my page, too: *Il pleure dans mon coeur comme il pleut sur la ville*. At least I have written it properly here, I typed it wrongly in my journal, but I will alter it later.
And I have 2 tags to share, made for the Gingersnaps *Once in a Blue Moon* challenge GCSP 09. I have made 2 travel themed bookmarks, one of Paris, and one with New York as the *Big Apple*.
And here's another joke from Narda:
What I Want In A Man!
Original List: age (20 something)
3. Financially successful
4. A caring listener
6. In good shape
7. Dresses with style
8. Appreciates finer things
9. Full of thoughtful surprises
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 32)
1. Nice looking
2. Opens car doors, holds chairs
3. Has enough money for a nice dinner
4. Listens more than talks
5. Laughs at my jokes
6. Carries bags of groceries with ease
7. Owns at least one tie
8. Appreciates a good home-cooked meal
9. Remembers birthdays and anniversaries
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 42)
1. Not too ugly
2. Doesn't drive off until I'm in the car
3. Works steady - splurges on dinner out occasionally
4. Nods head when I'm talking
5. Usually remembers punch lines of jokes
6. Is in good enough shape to rearrange the furniture
7. Wears a shirt that covers his stomach
8. Knows not to buy champagne with screw-top lids
9. Remembers to put the toilet seat down
10. Shaves most weekends
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 52)
1. Keeps hair in nose and ears trimmed
2. Doesn't belch or scratch in public
3. Can tow a RV or drive a Motor Home
4. Can cook a BBQ
5. Doesn't re-tell the same joke too many times
6. Appreciates a good TV dinner
7. Helps with the housework
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 62)
1. Doesn't scare small children
2. Remembers where I have put things
3. Can still tow a van without causing chaos on the road
4. Only snores lightly when asleep
5. Remembers why he's laughing
6. Is in good enough shape to stand up by himself
7. Usually wears some clothes
8. Doesn't notice my facial hair and wrinkles
9. Remembers where he left his teeth
10. Stops trying to tell jokes
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 72)
2. Doesn't miss the toilet.
3. Remembers where we both live.
Okay, that's all for today. Take care, have a great day, and thanks for looking in on me!