Sunday 18 September 2011

Sunday Sketches and Catching Up on Challenges

Yesterday was a good day. I stayed home, didn't go shopping, didn't tread in paint - I just had a nice day crafting. Before I could start, though, I cleared my table as much as possible, so that I had room to work. I can actually see the table top now!

Over at Sofia's *Blue Chair Diary* it's time for Sunday Sketches. I want to share a couple of the sketches from my *75 days, 75 sketches* book. I have completed 19 sketches up till now; some passable, some good and a lot bad, but I am practising and learning. In the past few days I have been sketching everything in my top drawer, and things flying about on my working space!







Then I spent some time catching up on challenges. The first one is for *Try it on Tuesday* where we had to use an old stamp. I used one that I have had for 3 years and never used, it's just not what I like, but i think it's made quite a fun tag. The background has been distressed and sprayed, and the image - from LaBlanche- has been stamped with soot black and embossed with black EP.


The second tag is for the GC 115 at Gingersnaps, Tribute to Teens. I have used an image from Scrollsworks. The background has been distressed and sprayed. The film strip has been printed onto acetate. The text round the edges reads: *Teens - the time when the film of life starts to get faster, and then runs wild before getting normal again*


The card has been made for a challenge at Splitcoast stampers, using scraps and 2 images from Crafty Secrets, which were among the things Jan kindly sent me. The love heart was made for another project, where it didn't look right, so I cut it through the middle and turned it into wings.



And last but not least, I got another parcel yesterday, this time from Narda, who sent me an assortment of crafting goodies and embellishments - silk roses in all colours, dimensional die-cuts. bows, bling and rhinestones galore, ribbons, and the most wonderful sequined, beaded and crocheted bands, so I am going to have fun with these things. It was a bit like Xmas for me this week, I feel really overwhelmed from the kindness of friends. Thanks a lot, Narda!


Okay, I will save the other things for tomorrow, this post is long enough! Have a good Sunday, take care, and thanks a lot for visiting!

43 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy and I love what you created!!! Those tags are simply gorgeous, Val!! and what wonderful surprises you received--how fun!!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! you've been a busy bee! Love all of your new creations! The sketches are great! Happy SS! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sketches and the pretty tags. DD1 is breathing down my neck admiring the embellishments you got, she is mad on everything and anything that glitters! Have a good Sunday, Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to receive such wonderful crafty goodies! And the use you've put them to...awesome! Loving your sketches, tags and cards. Also love your ingenuity..I'd probably have thrown the heart out or it would have lingered unused on my desk.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tag, love the images and the finish on the tag. Thank you for taking part in the Try It On Tuesday challenge. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you've been up to... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW your drawings are fabulous wonderful exercise for your skills and talents. love your tags and cards your TIOT Tag with that gorgeous horse's head is very eye-catching. And goodies how wonderful. Enjoy Sunday XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh you've been busy! Your sketches are great - remind me of maths lessons... though that might not be such a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow how do you manage to get so many fabulous creations done in one day! These are all gorgeous - I love what you have done with the filmstrip.
    Enjoy your Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue - it's easy - I ignore nasty things like H*******K, which gives you a lot more time t play!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Valerie, those sketches are fab, so detailed. Beautiful tags and that card has me craving some choccie. Have a lovely Sunday and enjoy playing with all those lovely embellishments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh You did have fun, Valerie. Good for you. My favorite is the lablanche stamp with the horse and 'princess' in it. Nice stamp, and of course, you always do the most creative things. What a lovely surprise package. All those goodies .. yummy. Have fun today. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow val, been busy again, well done love them all, and your surprise pressies in the post...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sketches ~ very well done and your other creations are awesome ~ Busy Lady and very creative! ~thanks, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) linked to Sunday Sketches ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Superb sketches and I love your tags, Valerie! Can't believe how much you accomplished yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy for you that you had time to play! Fabulous work all around.... I love your sketches, and the whole idea of sketching every day. Your LaBlanch tag is stunning! Love the image, love your coloring. Your teen tag is just perfect - I love the sentiment you put around the edges (so true!), and your chocolate card ... perfect. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous artwork with us once again at Gingersnap Creations. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning, wow! you are some busy lady!!!! Good for you! Your sketches are fabulous - wouldnt they look great framed above a desk? You are so creative! I love it!!! have a great day!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh these are fantastic pen and inks! And the tags are phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great artwork! Love your sketches. Thanks for taking the Gingersnap Creations challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your journal sketches, everyday items turned into art, truly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Just so you know, I am always looking for the joke here now ;) Love that one about eating like a horse! So much fun.
    AND busy girl, look at all those beautiful pieces! I love the princess tag and your stunning winged card & am completely impressed by your sketches! So much detail there - and quite a challenge! Bravo, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. All terrific stuff Valerie, and love the way you used the film strip. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Valerie. As always super work. The sketches are brilliant and I love your princess tag.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super projects. Love your detailed sketches. Tags are very pretty especially the princess one. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What beautiful cards and I love the old stamp you used on the first card! OF course, I love your card with SCRAPS and Crafty Secrets :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lots of beautiful creations to admire here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excellent sketches of everyday items!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Val you are so talented it really shows here in your sketches. I love your tags and cards too!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You've been very busy and very creative!!! Love the details on the sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lately, I am so drawn to simple black and white sketches. I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looking forward to seeing what you create with all your goodies Valerie! Expecting great things. :-) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW, Valerie, you accomplished a great deal. I love your sketches! My week has been busy preparing for our son and wife for a weeks visit. Tomorrow I'm going to cook a turkey and make some banana bread. No creative art for me, but I do enjoy viewing all that you create.

    Hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Try it on Tuesdays, with your unused stamp. It is a super tag, I really like the colours used. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sounds like a very productive day Valerie! Great sketches! and what fun mail!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  35. your sketches are excellent!!! Looks like you have been super busy!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a lot of lovely art! Very clever how you used the filmstrips over the stamped people.... love it. And your sketches are wonderful. Glad you've had such fun creative time.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really love the detail in your top 3 sketches. Wow! Especially that fountain pen. Nice work. Something I'd like to "master" within my sketching.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such wonderful projects. Love the film strip one, really inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful tags and your sketches are wonderful. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  40. You have been quite busy, love your projects. They are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.