Saturday 10 September 2011

Happy weekend!

Just a short post today, as I need to get some shopping in before the stores get too crowded, and then I hope to get on with the make over of the little chest of drawers in the hall.
Yesterday I visited my friend Inge, who had a nasty fall while on a bus this week, so we had a nice day together, playing cards, eating and drinking coffee as always. I even found a parking space directly in front of our house when I came back, a very small one, but as my car is small, it just fitted in.

I didn't do much in the way of crafting or scrapping yesterday, but I did manage a double page in my new journal. As I outed myself this week as being someone who doesn't like tea - perhaps the reason why I left England and went into banishment! - I decided to journal about coffee. I doodled the pictures while watching TV, and distressed the pages with some inks in antique linen and brushed corduroy afterwards. The poem on the right side was written earlier this year.




And as it is Saturday, something to laugh from my friend Narda:

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish . . .

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger . . . then it hit me . . .


To write with a broken pencil is . . . pointless.

When fish are in schools they sometimes . . . take debate.

A thief who stole a calendar . . . got twelve months.

When the smog lifts in Los Angeles . . . U.C.L.A.

The professor discovered that her theory of earthquakes . . . was on shaky ground.

The batteries were given out . . . free of charge.

A dentist and a manicurist married. . . . They fought tooth and nail.

A will is a . . . dead giveaway.

If you don't pay your exorcist . . . you can get repossessed.

With her marriage, she got a new name . . . and a dress.

Show me a piano falling down a mineshaft and I'll show you . . . A-flat miner.

You are stuck with your debt if . . . you can't budge it.

Local Area Network in Australia . . . The LAN down under.

A boiled egg is . . . hard to beat.

When you've seen one shopping center . . . you've seen a mall.

Police were called to a day care where a three-year-old was . . . resisting a rest.

Did you hear about the fellow whose whole left side was cut off? . . . He's all right now.

If you take a laptop computer for a run you could . . . jog your memory.

A bicycle can't stand alone . . . it is two tired.

In a democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism . . . it's your Count that votes.

When a clock is hungry . . . it goes back four seconds.

The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine . . . was fully recovered.

He had a photographic memory . . . which was never developed.

Those who get too big for their britches will be . . . exposed in the end.

When she saw her first strands of gray hair . . . she thought she'd dye.

Acupuncture . . . a jab well done.


Have a nice Saturday you all, take care and thanks for visiting!

28 comments:

  1. Hi val, hope your weekend weather is nice, too; it's lovely here! Your journal is great, and the coffee is no surprise! Have a great weekend, Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun journal pages, Valerie. Love the snappy poetry. Glad you had a nice day with your friend .. hope she is feeling better. Have a really good Saturday. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a hoot Valerie, love your coffee poem (even though I'm a tea drinker! Lol) Have a super Saturday. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Valerie. Love your journal pages and your funny poem , which coffee do you drink ? If it stops wrinkles then I want that brand ! Oh you made me laugh with all those one liners so funny. Have a great weekend.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Valerie. Super journal pages. Love the poem. Hope your friend is ok after her fall. Have a great weekend.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous journal pages, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pages. Glad you could catch up with friends...Thanks for the jokes, gerri.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty journal pages, I think you've put me in the mood for a cafe au lait tomorrow as I'm meeting friends for lunch.

    Cute play on words from Narda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Police were called to a day care where a three-year-old was . . . resisting a rest!
    Where do you get all of these?? They are so much fun - and your layout is fabulous - a coffee drinker - a girl after my own heart! Have a happy Saturday, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness - all those word play jokes made me chuckle! Nice way to start my morning.

    Not to overlook, your journal pages are fun too! I've got to get back to working in my journal....

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear friend Narda sends me a joke - sometimes several - each day, and she really has the best ones! So Narda, if you read this - thanks from us all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always such fun times in store when visiting your Blog.
    Great journal pages and love the addition of the poem.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Creative Coffee pages! love them! have an awesome weekend! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love coffee too, your poem is right up my street. Fab drawings. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your journal, Val, and the jokes are terrific, too! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol love them all Valerie and love your journal page on coffee, i am definitely a 'tea drinker' lol but i do enjoy the occasional coffee too :)
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your tribute to one of my favorite hot drinks! Fabulous journal pages! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your pages, and the poem is a real ode to the coffe drinkers. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great journal pages and your poem is wonderful. Loved all the fummies too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous Valerie!! I love your journal pages (as another Englishwoman who doesn't drink tea!! Ooh, do you think I could be banished to France????)
    Very funny funnies too.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. just checking in from North Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your journal pages! My MIL was English and of course quite a tea drinker. My US roots - well tea never really took hold. Funny I felt a bit 2nd rate not liking tea LOL

    Thanks for all the grins!! Hope you had a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Enjoyed reading your journal pages on COFFEE. I would be mean too without my coffee.

    Hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the journalling pages val, lol with you being banished...

    love the jokes and sparkles for inge for her fall, hope you're keeping well...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely journal pages! They inspire me to go pull my Wawa Cappuccino out of the fridge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your coffee journal pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha your poems are just brilliant. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. You've been busy! So many beautiful art projects! And I love the funnies!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I do enjoy Narda
    s jokes. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.