Tuesday 13 September 2011

The day after the day before....

Yesterday my head was still full of our lovely day at the Stamp Mecca on Sunday. I think we all need days like that here and there to top up our energy levels and just make us feel good.
Yesterday was a busy day. I did more work on my little chest of drawers, but am not yet happy how it looks, so will have to work on it some more. I had my doctor's appointment, too, and it's a drive of about an hour each direction, but at least there wasn't too much traffic. Then I went for a walk with B's doggy Emily, and on the way back it was so windy that her ears were flying in the wind; it looked so funny! She's a dear little thing. I did my shopping on the way home, so by the time I arrived here I was hungry and thirsty and needed a big mug of coffee to revive me. Anyway, after all that I didn't feel like doing too much of anything else, so I just did my journal pages while watching TV. I used the tickets from Sunday, and some of the visiting cards and other things I collected there, and made a collage. I used some gessoed tissue paper on the right page, to cover up two ink spots which had seeped through from my extravagant use of ink on the page before. The hand is mine, I drew round my hand on a scrap of patterned paper, and fixed it with gesso too. The background was a quick one, made by blending ink over some sequin waste. I made sure that the date for the next stamp fair is on the page, too, and an invitation to another one in Holland. And every time I look, I will be reminded of our lovely day out.






So that was all for today. Hope a great day, take care and thanks for visiting!

24 comments:

  1. Lovely pages again Val, you will soon have your book full! Have a lovely day, Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous journal pages Valerie. So colourful and a lovely reminder of your day.
    Hope you have a great day too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Valerie, fabulous journal pages, love the multi coloured sequined background. I really fancy doing one of these next year, but I'm always full of good intentions and never get round to doing half of what I'd like to do. Thank you for continually inspiring me. Have a great day. Suze xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages Valerie. Love the sequin waste background. Lots of texture. Nice! x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you do your journal pages- each one is so different and yet they all have that sense of YOU and your style to them- beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab idear oh how to record and remember your day hugs alma x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, very inspired journal pages, they'll remind you of your lovely day.
    It must've been very windy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pages Val. Lol at the dog's ears! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look made with sequin waste (we call in punchinello - who knows why). Colours and content are fab. What a great memory ... plus you will be sure not to forget the next one. (how could we ever forget?). Have fun today, Valerie. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous pages, Valerie! Now every time you see your lovely pages you will be reminded of such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pages! I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, great pages...love the colors...they feel so light and airy! happy Creating! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pages Val, great way to remember the day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pages Valerie. What a super idea to remember the day.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great journal pages Valerie (and such nice memories) - love the use of the sequin waste.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a brilliant idea.
    The pages are full of energy.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my... do I see the punchanella stencil technique here?!!! Fantastic :]
    What fun pages, Valeria!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super pages!!! love those backgrounds. Hope is all with you . Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous pages, a great way to remember a lovely day. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are beautiful pages and I can't wait to see your chest of drawers! CANT wait till you get your package :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely journal pges..so happy you are still remembering your great day out on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pages Val, your book is coming along wonderfully!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.