Tuesday 23 September 2014

Dangerous times and more moon faces

Hi everybody!

Hope you have had a good day
Here it was a cool,  windy  day with a big nip of autumn in the air, and the wind chased the clouds across the sky, presenting us with rain showers, sunshine and blue skies one after the other. I enjoyed wearing a warm pullover and thick, cosy socks again! 
Today  it's time for a new theme at Tag Tuesday. Our theme is danger - yikes!
Anyway, I had to lengthen the theme a bit to be able to make something, so I've called it 'Danger, the witching time is coming nearer!' I distressed the background with vintage photo, spiced marmalade and old mahogany, mixing the colours on my craft mat and swishing the tag through till it had the right colours. I used a background stamp to bring some depth and movement. I stamped the witch and cat ('Wicked' from Close to my Heart) with archival black and embossed with black EP extra fine. The witch at the top, hiding behind the leaves, has been printed onto transparent foil and fussy cut. The leaves and seed pods are some of those which I embossed with EP yesterday. I added some witch's 'hair' and a little broom as embellishments.





This is another journal page made from my smear, clean and blot page from last week. I added a few bits which were flying around my table, some tissue tape, and stamped the birds, hearts, crown and wings (TH) with archival black. The Dina Wakley heads were the 'second prints' made when I cleaned the stencils with a baby wipe, and there was always enough colour to make a new face.





This is a digitally altered version:


  I am linking to Simon Monday Challenge, stamps and stencils and to 
Art Journal Journey, living beings.

I saw this flowering tree in a front garden when I was out walking today, the flowers are really huge:


Everything was as usual on the horse meadow:



And I stood and watched the Rhine here, I love this corner.

Have a great day you all, take care,
and thanks a lot for coming by!

32 comments:

  1. An excellent tag with those wonderfully embossed nature pieces. I do love Autumnal colours very much.
    The clean & smear (hehe), page is very good with all the different elements to look at.
    Those orange flowers are so pretty, as are your photographs, and beautifully clear ((hugs)) :o)
    thank you for your lovely comment on my Q&L page x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Halloween theme fits the 'danger' aspect of the tag, nice work! Lovely page and photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag Valerie. I know how much you love Halloween and this fits the bill perfectly. Love your pages as well. Great Pictures as always. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie, wow for once I get your post on time to my inbox. LOL
    Lovely tag you have created and so perfect for fall. Gorgeous pics from your walk.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dein Tag ist ja wieder genial- ich liebe die Herbst Farben und Hexen auch :-) Liebe Grüße, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag and Journal page, love all the wonderful colours and ideas. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Das Tag ist zauberhaft schön und die Seite sieht so fabelhaft aus.. wie wenn sich die Szene am Himmel abspielt!
    Deine Bilder gefallen mir auch.. so eine Trompetenblume hatte ich letztes Jahr im Garten gepflanzt, aber außer einen ellenlangen Stiel und Blätter hatte die nichts zustande gebracht bis in den Herbst...
    mein schwarzer Daumen...lol!

    Einen tollen Tag Val!

    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dein Tag ist klasse,tolle farben auch,und deine Seite ist einfach wunderschön,ich möchte auch solche Gesichter haben.
    die große blume ist traumhaft.
    schönen tag dir,pass auf den Packetbote auf,der müsste bald klingeln bei dir.

    knuddel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag Valerie, the ugly witch and the beautiful witch! A super page too and I love that anchor. Have a lovely Tuesday! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the wicked mother in Law fuming over the gorgeous little witch who has ensnared her beloved son!

      Delete
  10. The tag is amazing and so is the beautiful journal page. Love how you stamped the face with lighter shades of the same colour.

    Great photographs. The flower is gorgeous and one I haven't seen before--must find out what it is :)

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. ich liebe das hexen-tag! toll, wie der hut über den rand hinausschaut. ja, wird wohl wieder zeit die halloweenstempel herauszuholen...

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, FABULOUSLY OUTRAGEOUS....LOVE IT IN OTHER WORDS.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic Valerie!! I agree, mother-in-law for sure, hilarious! This is really wonderful and I love your journal page too! I can't believe you have a horse meadow, I am so jealous!! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just down the road, I go there every day and watch the lovely horses.

      Delete
  14. Just an amazing tag--I can't stop raving about the leaves you made! The flowers are such a yummy yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh now this is my kind of tag. Give me witches and I am a happy person. All the detialing is fabulous.
    Just wonderful!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for explaining the process on your beautiful background. I love the molten gold. Great art journal page too and I always enjoy your serene photographs.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. A brilliant tag and journal page, the colours are gorgeous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Halloween ist ja so gar nicht meins, aber dein Tag ist toll geworden.
    Die "Reste-Seite" gefällt mir sehr, man darf einfach nichts wegwerfen!
    LG Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  19. Valerie, the leaves on your tag are so beautiful and your photos wonderful today.

    Hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great texture on your fabulous tag. The page is super, I love all elements and digitally altered version. Beautiful photographs too.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hach, wie genial ist das Tag denn wieder. Ich bin begeistert. Der Besen ist der Hit. Und deine Journalseite gefällt mir auch sehr gut ... kein Wunder, die Gesichterschablone mag ich ja auch sehr ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning tag, wonderful photo's and an amazing journal page - have spent a while in your blog - brilliant artwork Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the witch with attitude and style, its a fantastic tag. The page looks great as well, love those stencils.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great tag, love the witches too! Great use of the moon faces and what beautiful pictures from your walk! Big hugs, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really lovely Valerie, great use of the Frantage and my favourite Autumn leaves, and the heads are really effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. T's can hear your witch talking now "Hello dahlin' - it's Feona the fashion witch speaking to you from my coven of beauties!" You just gotta love the colors of autumn!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another awesome post, full of eye candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous tag! Love al the soft texture and the solid silhouettes. So pleasing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.