Tuesday 4 March 2014

Double Tuesday

Hi everybody!
Today was changeable  weather, sunny in the morning and a sky full of scudding, black clouds in the afternoon, but I just love those dramatic skies!

Today is double Tuesday - a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday and a new theme at Tag Tuesday.

At tag Tuesday our theme is maps, charts and diagrams. I used a map of London for my tag, so I can also link it to Moo Mania. I added some bunting in the form of little Union Jacks. 'Travel' has been written with a stencil, maker unknown, and outlined with a gel-pen. The quote is from Samuel Johnson. Tea Time and the Telephone box have been stamped with Stazon onto foil, I wanted to use red, but somebody forgot to put the lid on it and now it has dried out....Both stamps are from the Artemio Vintage London Set.



I made a second tag for Tag Tuesday, I am not sure whether it's supposed to be a chart
or a diagram. Words like that always make me feel lost....I think my black humour has come through again....
 


 At Try it on Tuesday our them for the next 2 weeks is 'Birthdays with a twist', and you have to use a mask or a stencil. Bee, one of our DT memebers is celebrating a special birthday, and is offering a prize, so if you would like to win it, pop over to her blog and leave a comment!

I was not really happy with my giant tag, it was one of those pieces which I had to do in a big hurry before going into hospital, and did not turn out quite as I wanted, but that's life. I distressed the background and the kitchen counter with DIs and then sprayed it with water to get the colours moving. When it was dry, I used some turquoise metallic paint for the leaves. The hearts and sentiment are TH stamps. The die-cuts are from a Sizzix strip.




I saw this beautiful yellow lichen on a tree today


And in the afternoon I enjoyed the clouds along the Rhine


One of these days I want to paint some of 'my' skies


 Have a great day you all, take care, and thanks a lot for coming by!

25 comments:

  1. Wonderful tags, all so different, and each one lovely. Great photos, too! Take care, hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was für tolle Arbeiten!!! Besonders der erste Tag gefällt mir sehr- super Idee mit dem Stadtplan.
    Der Himmel scheint ja eine Menge Regen geladen zu haben. Hier ist es bisher noch recht schön- nachts etwas Frost und tagsüber Sonne.
    Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Tag, liebe Grüße, Dagmar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aber zum Glück kam der Regen woanders runter!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous art and photos Valerie, I love the London tag the most, so detailed and part of home I guess xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tags Valerie. All of them are so different , yet tell their own story. I love the lichen covered tree and the pretty skies, even though they are overcast. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look brill Valerie. I loved looking at the London one. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heute bleibt mir die Spucke weg Valerie.. sensationelle Arbeiten!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking from the birthday tag to the next photo of the fallen tree, I would have guessed you took the color inspiration from there--I saw almost all the colors you used! I know London is close to your heart and it really shows in the first piece. You may remember me saying how much my daughter loves England--she would love that quote, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work on the tags, love the 3d effect. Beautiful clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!.. Love all your tags Valerie, but I think the London one is my favorite!.. Have a great week! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. LONDON, no one does it quite like you, Valerie. Love the collage and I also like your birthday tag, both are very creative. Wonderful photos; I think you should come back in your next life as a professional photographer.

    Hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tags Valerie, the London one is my favourite too. I've only been once to London, would love to go back and do the V&A museum 'properly'! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I lived in London I spent half of my life in the wonderful museums and galleries!

      Delete
  12. LOVE your project for this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Valerie, your tags are all beautiful and always interesting. Your pics are stunning and those skies are just calling for you to paint them.
    Have a great evening.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your jolly London tag with the little flags and the black telephone box, good lateral thinking.
    I'm not sure why you were not happy with your tag, it looks pretty good to me with its lovely bluey-greens and its party hat and balloon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tag is just not 100% like I wanted it to be....

      Delete
  15. Beautiful tags Valerie, I wish I could make mine 1/2 as nice as yours! The photos are beautiful, even when its cloudy you seem to capture the beauty! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous tags Valerie, love the London one with that great quote.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. London is a pretty fab place. Had the chance to be there once.....look at that yellow lichen, gorgeous.....and your sky photos are brilliant. xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your Moo work and those terrific tags!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tags Valerie, love the quote on the London one.
    Thanks for sharing those fabulous photos, low the cloudy skies.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it all Valerie - especially the up down tag!
    Those black clouds look ominous - what was brewing there?
    From your pictures, the Rhine looks swollen and not very wide at that point. What an historic river you get to walk along - such sites you see.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved the first two at Tag Tuesday, and absolutely inspired by the birthday tag sentiments. Been working on a post on life's moments, so it definitely stuck out. Beautiful.
    xoxo's

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.