Monday 8 July 2013

Colour this Quote Challenge

Hi everybody!

At Artists in Blogland, the challenge this month is to colour this quote:
"The sun is shining...That is the Magic. The flowers are growing--the roots are stirring. That is the Magic. Being alive is the Magic--being strong is the Magic. The Magic is in me--the Magic is in me. ...It's in every one of us." 
For me, creativity is magic, words are magic, and our fantasy is an ever blooming garden full of an inexhaustible magic. I have tried to show this magic in my pages. The background has been made from another smear, wipe and try sheet  - they always make the very best backgrounds. I just love the blue and purple shades and the flashes of yellow and orangecoming through like sunshine. I did a lot of stamping to put lots of patterns and texture into it. The quote is my variation of Chesterton's, 'There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds'. The images used are from Gecko Galz.



I couldn't resist using fairy dust Stickles on the wings.


Oops, forgot to rub out the pencil lines!







This was a fun challenge. 
Have a good day, take care, and thanks a lot for coming by!

29 comments:

  1. Fantastic pages Valerie. Love the silhouettes and beautiful background.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Val, this one is sooooooooooo gorgeous - love everything about it! Wonderful colours, too! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fantastic - I love the colors and the figures. I don't know what I will have to do something along this line. Valerie - I don't thik anyone cold do anything better than this. I love this creation!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very colorful & I like the overlaying silhouette-look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the backgrounds you create Valerie the fairy wings are amazing

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A truly magical pages Valerie :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. wunderschön gemacht Valerie! Da ist Dir absolut die Magie geglückt ... Du hast es zauberhaft und magisch umgesetzt!

    Sei lieb gegrüßt
    von
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifull silhouettes Valerie with such vibrant backgrounds. Magical pages! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful details on the pages, magic indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quote is so true. I do not know how many times I have imaged something to be lovelier than is reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Du hast traumhaft schöne Seiten gestaltet, liebe Valerie! Tolle Farben und Design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my happy eyes! Wow, this is utterly amazing! I love the colors, but Valerie, those wings and hair bling are such great touches! LOVE!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have captured the magic on these pages. Gorgeous colours and images..
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very beautiful Val, love what you have created here! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. The backgrounds could not have been more perfect for your selected images and that touch of glitter on the wings brings them to life.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are gorgeous Valerie, I love the beautiful contrast, colors and the bling. Your art comes from a very magical place in your soul. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gaaanz tolle seiten,der stempel ist klasse,wirkt so marchenhaft,wundervoll.

    GLG Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your BEAUTIFUL artwork here today!! (and a fun art challenge I might try. I hadn't heard of this one till now)... Oh, and when it comes to painting or creating anything "magical", I think stickles are a MUST! (0; ((Hugs and Have a great day!)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look for an excuse to use Stickles or glitter - I think it's in our genes!

      Delete
  19. Beautiful colours, sparkles, and a bird-lady! Fabulous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your artwork is the perfect personification of the quote, Val! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How gorgeous! Love the magic touch on the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just fabulously magical in every way! Love that stamped hair!

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha, love that you forgot to rub out the pencil lines, that sounds just like something I would do. I love your magical pages. Especialy the peacock, gorgeous colors.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely magical pieces. And the fairy-dusted wings are delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. All your comments are much appreciated! Please be aware that by leaving a comment you are voluntarily sharing your name and / or the details of your blog.